Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS problems with BT? Anyone else?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Basically, I can only view a limited number websites. Primarily ones that I've logged into in the last few days. On BT in Dublin 2.

Our net access went down totally yesterday and only came back this evening. But I can't access pretty much any other website. Can't access wikipedia, bbc, the netgear site etc.

But can access my gmail, facebook, etc.

The message:
    The webpage at http://www.netgear.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address

This sounds like some sort of DNS problem, doesn't it? Got a new router recently and meant to switch it over to Open DNS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Never mind! Got instructions of how to change DNS on this site. 4.2.2.2 rocks!

Advertisement