Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La liga - week 18

• 10-01-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 10 January 2009
    Deportivo La Coruna v Sevilla, 19:00
    Valencia v Villarreal, 21:00
    Sunday, 11 January 2009
    Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao, 16:00
    Espanyol v Almeria, 18:00
    Mallorca v Real Madrid, 16:00
    Numancia v Getafe, 16:00
    Osasuna v Barcelona, 20:00
    Racing Santander v Recreativo Huelva, 16:00
    Real Betis v Malaga, 16:00
    Sporting Gijon v Valladolid, 16:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sevilla on Sky Sports one at the moment followed by the game of the weekend Valencia v Villarreal at 9pm.

Sevilla Lineup:
    Palop, Crespo, Squillaci, Prieto, Fernando Navarro, Romaric, Renato, Jesús Navas, Adriano, Luis Fabiano, Maresca.

Deportivo Lineup:
    Aranzubia, Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Zé Castro, Filipe, Sergio, Juan Rodríguez, Lafita, Guardado, Verdú, Bodipo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking forward to Valencia Villareal. The one on at the moment is a slow starter.

What a goal.............

1 - 0

Deportivo currently 3rd as it stands !

Keeper what were you doing !

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

How Depor are doing this is beyond anyone's expectation. With all their problems they should be fighting for mid-table medicority at best.

Valencia and Villarreal will be a cracking game no doubt. Very much looking forward to that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

:(

• Advertisement

This is quite a good game actually. Sevilla just took the lead. They are down to 10 men as well. Kanoute having a very god game as a sub.

Am I right in saying the co commentator (Terry Gibson?) has invented a new word on TRANSFORMISED? He has used it at least twice to comment on Kanoutes contribution thus far!!!

:D:D:D

Capel scores his 4th goal ever :D

Fantastic run from Navas to set it up. Hopefully game two will be as good as what we have just seen, and make staying in on this Saturday night acceptable.

1-0 valencia :D

being poor makes it a simple reason for me staying in :(

Good grief. What a start for Valencia. Baraja header just over a minute gone.

• Advertisement

villareal hit the bar twice in about 30 seconds.

edit 2-0 Villa

**** me valencia are on fire

Lads the first 10 mins have been a belter.

2 - 1

Goals:

Valencia: Baraja, Villa
    Villarreal: Fuentes

The first half has without doubt been the most entertaining 45mins of football I have watched this season. Anyone second that ?

superb 1st half.

Goal.............

2 - 2

Llorente

Good follow up from the player.

They drew level for all of two minutes.

3 - 2

Edu

My god this just keeps getting better. Penalty to Villarreal.

3 - 3

Rossi

Make that Valencia led again for all but two minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

2-2 now. Llorente

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Make that 3-2. Edu for Valencia!

Finished 3-3. Dodgy dodgy penalty given to Villareal. Cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Two absolutely excellent matches, pity that the Villareal game ended up in a draw because of a dive, although both teams had enough to chances to justify it being a draw. And in the Sevilla game, how good is Kanoute, he is so good at holding the ball up, he's big and powerful but he's also really really skillful, it's a little surprising that bigger teams haven't made a bid for him, maybe it's because people view him as being a tottenham standard of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

What a great game Valencia-Villareal last night,best i saw lately....

What a great game Valencia-Villareal last night,best i saw lately....

Agreed, the first 45 minutes were some of the best football I've seen in years.

Just saw Madrid have beaten Mallorca 3-0, Robben, Raul and Ramos scoring goals. The triple R's... :pac:

Athletic Bilbao beat Atletico Madrid 3-2 in what sounds like a thriller. They seem to be self destructing at this point in the season as per usual!

• Advertisement

Osasuna Vs Barca next in a bottom Vs top affair. Never an easy place to visit, and Osasuna will be buoyed from their good result last weekend away to Sevilla. Hard one to call. I am reckon a 1-1 draw.

gimmick wrote: »
    Osasuna Vs Barca next in a bottom Vs top affair. Never an easy place to visit, and Osasuna will be buoyed from their good result last weekend away to Sevilla. Hard one to call. I am reckon a 1-1 draw.

Pamplona is easily one of the most intimidating places in Spain, I do think Barca should scrape a win, an early goal is the most important thing.

1-0, Eto'o goal with Messi assist. 16 league goals in 17 games for Eto'o, 19 goals and 10 assists in 22 appearances for Messi.

Delighted. Messi is in such super form at the moment. Virtually unplayable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

osa 2-1 barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

some game

2-2

MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!! 3-2....

:)

Next years world player of the year. I must place a bet on it.

2-3 final score! Relieved to get 3 points at Pamplona, Messi is the man, Xavi or Dani Alves man of the match. Thats 47 points from the last 51 (I think)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Only caught the game from when it was 1-1,

Barcelona were a joy to watch, their passing especially between their atacking players was superb.

Messi is in a league of his own, his goal was a bullet of a shot! by far the best player in the world at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Fair play to Barcelona. If this was last season, I doubt they would have had the resilience to come back from 2-1 down. Messi has been incredible this season. If he stays fit; Barcelona are going to the Champions League final.

Just looking the statistics on screen after the game. Busquets completed 57 of 61 passes tonight for a 93% completion rate. Thats pretty phenomenal if you ask me. Xavi had 81 from 87 for 93% also. Mighty impressive. Messi's goal was class. Thats 4 in the last 2 games for him.

There was a few scuffles between Bilbao supporters this afternoon before the Atletico game. I got held at the lights for 10mins watching bottles being flung at the police then a baton charge at about 4:30pm this afternoon. Is there a rivalry with these two clubs ? All quite entertaining although a little pissed as I was trying to make it home before the start of the United v Chelsea game.

redout wrote: »
    I got held at the lights for 10mins watching bottles being flung at the police then a baton charge at about 4:30pm this afternoon. Is there a rivalry with these two clubs ?

Might be the whole Basque vs Castile rivalry considering Madrid is the centre of Castile and Bilbao have the strongest Basque ties of any football team in the Liga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

redout wrote: »
    There was a few scuffles between Bilbao supporters this afternoon before the Atletico game. I got held at the lights for 10mins watching bottles being flung at the police then a baton charge at about 4:30pm this afternoon. Is there a rivalry with these two clubs ? All quite entertaining although a little pissed as I was trying to make it home before the start of the United v Chelsea game.
    Bilbao are a Basque club and Atletico were founded by Basque students so there shouldn't be too much animosity between the two clubs.

Atletico were founded by Basque students

Didn't know that, interesting though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Advertisement