Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan-Bettystown

Options
  • 10-01-2009 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi wondering if anyone can tell me whats best way to do this trip?
    I'd usually drive as far as julianstown then take first right up past the church and towards laytown but hate doing that at night in the dark cos the road is desperate so is there another road i can take? maybe wider or with street lights at least?

thanks
    suzie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

You could take the motorway from Balbriggan, come off at Citynorth hotel, drive through Julianstown and on that way to Bettystown.. whereabouts in Bettystown are you driving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

justagirl wrote: »
    You could take the motorway from Balbriggan, come off at Citynorth hotel, drive through Julianstown and on that way to Bettystown.. whereabouts in Bettystown are you driving to?

By the sounds of it thats what she is doing??

There are 4 roads into Bettystown. First one via Laytown from Julianstown (the one you're using).

Second is a back way (Piltown road I think) that starts between the Glenvale (think thats what its called?) hotel and old Europa hotel, though it's even twistier and darker than the Laytown road. It brings you out at Bettystown Cross and you go on into the village on Eastham Road.

Third is take off at Colpe Cross (new South Gate shopping centre) and then turn right in Donacarney, again brings you out at Bettystown Cross.

Fourth way is same as the third but go straight on at Donacarney and go in via Mornington and the coast road.

All equally sh*tty roads, all 95% unlit, all as likely to wreck your car due to the plethora of potholes and collapsed verges. But that wont stop Meath CC dishing out planning permission in the village for apartments by the hundred....

Anyway the way you're coming in (turn right in Julianstown and past the church) is in terms of road quality unfortunately the pick of the bunch by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Yes, you are right!:o I just assumed she was driving the minor road (and not the Motorway) :rolleyes:

Aquascrotum has outlined all the routes for you ... the piltown road has been resurfaced and actually is ok to drive, but if you dont' know the road it is very twisty and has no lights (just take it slow driving it)... its the right turn after the Glenside Hotel....

Advertisement