Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 Corsa prices

Options
  • 10-01-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some expert opinions on what I should think about paying for an 02 Corsa. On Carzone etc it looks like all of the prices are very inflated.

OK, so it's an 02 Corsa, metallic silver, immaculate, 68k miles, NCT for 2 years, full service history, e/w, cd, sunroof, 3 door, 4 new tyres.

Any guesstimates would be appreciated.

Thanks, Smiler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon a 02 Corsa is worth about €2500 these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I reckon a 02 Corsa is worth about €2500 these days.

Meh. Depends on a lot of things. You'd be damned lucky to get one for that. More likely it'll be €3k+

Confab wrote: »
    Meh. Depends on a lot of things. You'd be damned lucky to get one for that. More likely it'll be €3k+

Anyone paying over €3k for a 7 year old Corsa is daft. There is a low mileage 03 on carzone asking €3,500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Sh!t the asking price is €3.6k, with a 1 year warranty...

Am I nuts to even think about it? Last 2 cars I bought privately had dead head gaskets within 8 months, so am trying to be sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Stay away from the 1l. God awful engine. 03 Corsa's are worth no more than 2k. I had the misfortune of driving one as my first car. Do yourself a favour and save for a Corolla/Civic of similar year or older. Buying a sh1t car because it's 'new-ish' is a false economy. Opel Corsa's are one of the cheapest in their class for a reason you know

• Advertisement

smiler26 wrote: »
    Sh!t the asking price is €3.6k, with a 1 year warranty...

Am I nuts to even think about it? Last 2 cars I bought privately had dead head gaskets within 8 months, so am trying to be sensible.

Here is a 03 from a garage, I reckon you would buy this for around €3500 straight:
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1288702

Advertisement