Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 93 Discussion ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

Tough on Tom, but he's relatively inexperienced.
    It's not a surprise to see someone out of London Shoot being well rounded and a good wrestler.
    Egan was dominated but he'll improve.

Meanwhile Coleman looks a wreck at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm sure everyone will disagree, but I thought this fight shouldn't have been allowed into the second round. Coleman was almost asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Chris89 wrote: »
    Why did it just come back from the ads and tom egans fight was on, with no intro.

they dont do that for any other undercard fights, i dont know why they did it for him.
    So all his fans at home could see him get beat up?

They show all the undercard fights to waste time until the main fights.

If Franklin or Henderson get knocked out early they will show undercard fights until 11:20 when they stop airing from the o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Carroller wrote: »
    They show all the undercard fights to waste time until the main fights.

If Franklin or Henderson get knocked out early they will show undercard fights until 11:20 when they stop airing from the o2

Yeah but not just jump into them for no reason, ive never seen that before.

Mikel wrote: »
    Tough on Tom, but he's relatively inexperienced.
    It's not a surprise to see someone out of London Shoot being well rounded and a good wrestler.
    Egan was dominated but he'll improve.

Meanwhile Coleman looks a wreck at the moment

In fairness, looking at the records of most of the guys that get into the octagon. 4 fights in relatively small time shows and then fighting in the ufc is a huge jump. Hathaway was a solid 10-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

What a BS stoppage, Coleman could've atleast hung on till the decision.

Shogun will get wrecked by any top 10 LHW.

Yeah but not just jump into them for no reason, ive never seen that before.

well ive never seen them show the entrances of an undercard fight.

i feel embaressed for shogun after that display

He said he was 100% now, if hats 100% id hate to see him fight someone young enough to know how to send a text message,

Nobody came out of the Coleman fight looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

CyberGhost wrote: »
    What a BS stoppage, Coleman could've atleast hung on till the decision.

Shogun will get wrecked by any top 10 LHW.

Coleman was apparently going to win the fight if it had lasted another 20 seconds.

Judges had it 1-1 and Coleman was winning the 3rd.

• Advertisement

Coleman was apparently going to win the fight if it had lasted another 20 seconds.

Judges had it 1-1 and Coleman was winning the 3rd.

how at all did you know that.

it will suck balls if that cut opens up worse and it gets stopped.

how at all did you know that.

it will suck balls if that cut opens up worse and it gets stopped.

MMA reporter on another site is doing live updates from the o2 and that's what he was told apparently.

MMA reporter on another site is doing live updates from the o2 and that's what he was told apparently.

Linky?

Carroller wrote: »
    Linky?

It's a subscription site so I can only cut and paste from it.
    The fight had an incredible dynamic live. People started backing Shogun but the longer the fight went, the more the crowd was behind Coleman. From what I hear, they were tied 1-1 on all three scorecards and Coleman was 24 seconds away from getting a unanimous decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Love to know where that 30-27 came from.

amacachi wrote: »
    Love to know where that 30-27 came from.

That was mad alright.

oh brilliant, tom egan fight on again.

that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yeah whole Egan fight on now. Get to see him out of his depth again :/

I was sickened by the Coleman / Rua fight when I thought Shogun was just messing with him. Then I realised Shogun was just gassed too. What's his excuse for having zero stamina? It wasn't like he did much.

Franklin / Henderson fight was a big disappointment too. Summed up by two accidental injuries.

Also the constant reference to the UK / England by commentators and fighters was irritating. You think their P.R. people would clue them in or something.

Extremely meh evening.

Hindsight is great......... Egan did look very nervous in comparison, hardly surprising considering though.
    Tools booing Hathaway of course

Excellent take downs, that guy is a good wrestler

Seifer wrote: »

Also the constant reference to the UK / England by commentators and fighters was irritating. You think their P.R. people would clue them in or something.

they probably told them the wars been over a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It's an entertainment event. You play to your audience. Or at least try not to do things that they're not going to like.
    Besides the event wasn't in the UK so there's no excuse to keep refering to it like it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Mikel wrote: »
    Excellent take downs, that guy is a good wrestler

Yeah I was surprised, what's his discipline? Some great moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

gerire wrote: »
    LOL; The Wiki updaters didn't hang around updatind Dunnes page

Lolarious...

I sent a text to me bro at the event after their booboo when he was up on the screen; somethin along the lines of "As much as I don't rate Dunne, winning an olympic gold at 12 years old was a fantastic achievement" - He naturally won't get the meaning until he watches the recorded show back!

TelePaul wrote: »
    Yeah I was surprised, what's his discipline? Some great moves.
    I doubt he has one discipline, more likely well rounded in all areas.
    But the gym he trains in is well known and iirc is run by two very highly regarded wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I suppose in America a war actually being over is a long time - there is folks over there who still think they are fighting in vietnam- enough politics ......

Overall I must say I was dissapointed in the whole event if I'd paid 250 for a ticket for that evening Id be pissed; I hope some of the undercard bouts were good battles

The 2 main events were a huge disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Is it just me or does egan look very undersized for 170? Hathaway looked like he was a full weight class above him. Some of the 155ers even seemed bigger. I know its a bit premature to start talking about him dropping down, but going by his physique and the the way he was outmuscled tonite, maybe he's more suited to 155.

I thought the event as a whole was only so so. Really enjoyed the horn "paul harris" ;) fight tho.

Bring on 94!

gerire wrote: »
    I suppose in America a war actually being over is a long time - there is folks over there who still think they are fighting in vietnam- enough politics ......

Overall I must say I was dissapointed in the whole event if I'd paid 250 for a ticket for that evening Id be pissed; I hope some of the undercard bouts were good battles

The 2 main events were a huge disappointment

I actually thought Coleman v Shogun was a good bad fight if you know what I mean. The crowd were with Shogun at first and then switched to cheering for Coleman just because he was hanging in there despite being completely exhausted after about two minutes. It was strangely compelling.

Hendo v Franklin was a decent fight. Just lacked a little something.

Overall just an average show though going by the main card fights. There wasn't really any excellent fight or highlight reel KO's although Davis v Lytle was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Gained a new respect for coleman tonite, He fought his heart out and was classy in defeat. He seems like a good dude.

Seifer wrote: »
    It's an entertainment event. You play to your audience. Or at least try not to do things that they're not going to like.
    Besides the event wasn't in the UK so there's no excuse to keep refering to it like it was.

Watch it for the sport, it's not Fair City or the hills. Who cares what they said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

thought it was an average enough show alrite. although it obviously had no chance of standing up to 92!

shogun should have had himself in better condition for the fight seeing as he knew he would be fighting a 44-year-old who would be octagon rusty. coleman hung in well fair play to him. i know a lot of people will be writing shogun off after that performance tonight but i still think if he trains hard he can get back to the way he was before his injuries and could possibly fight for the L/H title in the future. stil only 27 and there is no doubting his potential.

franklin/henderson was a decent fight without ever being the explosive fight i expected. to be honest i thought franklin had just about edged it but it was a tight fight.

cant wait for GSP and penn in a few weeks!!

Advertisement