Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damien dempsey

Options
  • 10-01-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

i was flicking around tv last night to spot a damien dempsey gig on tg4 at around 8. i wouldn't call myself a fan. There's something about his records i don't like. i never really got the big deal with him.
    But i have to say as soon as i tuned in last night i sat and watched the whole gig, my eyes glued. He was fantastic. He sang the the songs with huge passion and the vicar street audience, who seemed to know just every word of every song added to a brill atmosphere. The sound was out of the top drawer and he's definately on my go to see list after that.
    It's mad how seeing somebody live changes your whole judgement of them. It happened to me with coldplay aswell.
    If there's anyone out there who doesn't really like dempsey try catch that vicar street gig and i reckon you'll change your views

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I like Dempsey. He has a great passion for his music which you don't see a lot of nowadays unfortunetely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

That gig has been released on DVD, one of my family got if for Xmas. I agree that it's fantastic. Wasn't too pushed on Damien's last album but as a live performer he is up there with the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Went to see Damo last month and he was brilliant, he is great live. I like listening to his albums and that but he is someone you really have to see live to really appreciate and enjoy him fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

I saw him in cork for an afternoon session in december. It was really great stuff. had a chat with him after and he seems a really nice guy. Great lyrics and great passion. Its all good with Damo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Dempsey is all about the passion - fair play indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

saw him in vicar st on the 19th of dec and it was a class gig, was a bit of a damo virgin as regards listening to his stuff, only knew a few, but have listened to it on constant since. class performer and had the crowd in the palm of his hand.....and the DVD is good too, think they could have expanded the interview though......party on!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I felt the same way about Damien Dempsey....don't really like the Oirish slant to his music...but I saw him a few years back and he was fantastic, really knows how to perform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

I was at the gig they filmed dor the DVD - the place was WILD.

The DVD is great, and captures the atmosphere closely, but you can't beat seeing him live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I've seen him live 7 or 8 times and each time i say thats the best i've ever seen him. absolutely brilliant and i've brought people who dont really like him to his shows and they all come out amazed at how good he is

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Rather chew on my toes to be honest...
    He's probably not the worst though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wow your so progressive.

he's alright, watched that dvd and it seemed good. wouldnt rush out to a concert of his tho tbh

Advertisement