Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford focus immobilised! help please!

Options
  • 10-01-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I hopped in my car this evening and when I tried to start it the imobiliser lights up. Tried a couple of times but nothing. Is this a faulty key? Is there another way to get it going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be the key - it could also be the immobiliser system.

Have you a spare key somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

have to go looking for the spare key! hopefuly that will work. Could be the battery setting the immobiliser off to ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Sounds like its a key problem alright!

The battery could also be low on voltage (i.e nearly flat) and wont let the immobiliser unlock.

Is see in your profile your based in Balbriggan so you could give me a PM as im based there also and i could help ya out! (Ex Ford Mechanic for my sins)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

cheers for the offer but the car is in town at the min! i've sourced a new battery for the fob so I'll find out in the morning if it works! i'll let ye know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Healyc wrote: »
    Sounds like its a key problem alright!

The battery could also be low on voltage (i.e nearly flat) and wont let the immobiliser unlock.

Is see in your profile your based in Balbriggan so you could give me a PM as im based there also and i could help ya out! (Ex Ford Mechanic for my sins)
    sirpsycho wrote: »
    cheers for the offer but the car is in town at the min! i've sourced a new battery for the fob so I'll find out in the morning if it works! i'll let ye know

I meant the cars actual battery, sorry!

The battery in your key only operates the central locking function of the key and has nothing to do with the immobiliser :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Don't know if this will work for a ford ,but I had the same problem with my audi recently. the fix was to turn the ignition to on for 15minutes. Not sure how it worked but I havn't had the problem since.

Advertisement