Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Associate Student Scheme

• 10-01-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this course and have any feedback on it? thinking of applying for it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Hi, thanks for your reply, I started last night didnt realise that I would be in with people doing the finacial services programme as part time students :o it was thier second semester so all knew each other and spent the first 25 min or so getting their projects back and Iwas just kinda sitting there:eek: Oh well hopefully I wont be too lost!

Yeah I said it to the tutor at the end of the class that I was on the associate scheme she was really nice and said just to ask if I had any questions.
    Thanks a million for all your help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

there was a guy in our class doing it. He had no logon details and said noone had told him what room he was even in or anything. He had to wander the college until one of the janitor guys found our class for him.
    Like its a bit daunting going into a class of people who have known each other for a few years, you think the college would have someone there to bring them in and show them where they are going to be, maybe introduce them.
    Another typical day in NCI

The room number was on the sheet we had to sign at reception

I got an email with an attachment that I had to print out and sign and I was told to bring this to the student support centre which I did and then got my log in details, (having said that i tried logging in for the first time yesterday andit didnt work, but these things happen) have to say that I found everyone very helpful:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Maybe it was just the guy in my class, he prob didn't see it. Well keep posting here how you find the module your doing . Hope it goes well. There are 2 or 3 excellent lectures but the majority are useless in the college so hopefully you have one of the few good ones.

• Advertisement

What course are you doing? I have business as my 3rd choice on my cao at the minute im unlikely to get my first -I missed it by 10 points last yer, it's risen every year for the last 4 years so not too hopefull.
    Not sure wheter to leave NCI as 3rd or move it to 2nd....

The only other complaint I have bout the associate scheme is the lecturer leaves it till the last min to email out the notes for each lecture and I have to travel 2 hours on a bus to get to NCI so I usually dont get the notes till afterward but thatcant be helped either as its prob just me so leaves this early before hand:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EmmieNCI

Hi All,
    I work for NCI and we always welcome comments, feedback, questions and opinions from our students. Please feel free to let us know of any issues you may be experiencing and we will do our best to help you out.
    Either drop me a line here on Boards or send me an email at enquiries@ncirl.ie

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks,
    Emily

Does anyone know if theres Easter holidays for the part time course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EmmieNCI

Hi Dragonfly,
    I work for the National College of Ireland and I can confirm that there are no lectures scheduled for the Associate Student Scheme on the Good Friday nor the Easter Monday.
    Associate Student Scheme lectures aren't generally held on Saturdays but if you would like me to find out I can do so.
    If you've any more questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.
    Thanks a mill,
    Emily

Thanks Emily thats perfect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ottolo

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had done the Higher Diploma in Business in eBusiness at NCI and if they had any thoughts on the course.

I work for an internet startup and I was thinking about taking this course to provide myself with some theoretical background to what I'm doing at work. Any comments/help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement