Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickie

• 10-01-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Sorry to start a new thread for such a quick question but I'm not sure where else to put it! I added to my collection today with a conch piercing, love it. It's still very sore and I can't make any quick movements of my head. :D Anyway, I've noticed my hair is greasy and I want to wash it but I'm worried about irritating my conch. I only got it done about 5 hours ago so I was wondering if I should wait until tomorrow morning or will it be ok to hop in the shower now? I have work tomorrow so I'm gonna have to shower beforehand for sure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Been ages since I had any piercings (I had nipple, hand (web), tragus, anti-tragus, lobe, and my thought was if its clean its good.

My nip never healed, but obviously the idea is to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. I'd say its be OK, maybe try not to get soap in it... the hardest part would be drying your hair :eek: try not to catch it with the towel... ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

if i where you id wait tbh :) you dont want to irritate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Make sure not to catch your ear on the shower door. You wouldn't think it could happen, but it does. And wth nipple piercing it hurts.
    Other than that it should be ok. Try not to get hair products in the piercing. that'll only aggravater it, and sting like a muther ****er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Ok, I know I might irritate it in the shower but I think I'm gonna risk it. I need to clean it anyway so I'll do it the minute I'm out of the shower. My rationalisation is that while the shower might irritate it, greasy hair touching it over night definitely won't do it any good.

Anyone else here got it done? I'm amazed at how sore it is, definitely the worst out of all the ones I've had! I suppose it's only been a few hours all the same.

yeah i have it done:)

can you not just tie up your hair??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Was it really really sore afterwards?! I'm crippled! :pac:

Anyway, had the shower and it was fine. Cleaned it afterwards and it's less sore now. My stomach turned at the amount of the blood that came off though. I've been really squeamish lately!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I've my conch done, it was the least painful of all my piercings, didn't find it at all sore.

It's very crusty and sensitive now though, I put a ring in it again a few weeks ago, and it doesn't like having a ring! Other than hating rings it's never given me any trouble.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I caught mine when I was taking off my hoodie about three hours after getting it done, which irritated it big time and it was very sore for the night. Calmed down though. Pop a neurofen before bed for extra comfort, and make sure you either lie on your back, or on your other side. Lying on the piercing will irritate it.

If you're washing your hair, just make sure you get any shampoo etc washed off really well. If you leave your hair dirty it'll probably aggravate it, so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. My piercer told me when I'm finished the shower and all the suds are rinsed off, give the piercing a quick spray with the shower head. (Obviously don't ram the thing in your ear and blast it, just a light rinsing.) Then clean your piercing with the aftercare solution just to make sure any soap residue is rinsed off. Try avoiding using styling products for the next week or so cos these will irritate your piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭oldmantime

got mine done a month/month an a half ago and it's still sore and crusty, it seems kind of awkward to heal. Pain wise I didnt find it too bad, the *pop* when it got pierced felt and sounded weird though

ha yeah! that was cool :D!

• Advertisement

oh yeah and I do generally bleed a little bit when I get piercings done but I dont remember it being even nearly stomach churning, it just bled for a minute or two directly afterwards, nothing from then on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

got my conch punched this week, had 2 showers that day (mucho blood)

just use very mild shampoo and tilt your head to the side so its harder for any of the shampoo to get on it

I saw the pic, looks wicked mate :)

Advertisement