Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Field Study

• 10-01-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing the LC as an external candidate this year and was wondering where I can find information about the field study for geography. Had a look on the examinations.ie site but can't find anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bump.

Erm... I'm not actually sure. I get most of my information from the teacher. I suppose if you took a look at skoool.ie? And get the marking scheme from examinations.ie when you're writing it out, it's invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Jammy is a kid! Well now that explains a lot.Here's an apple to pass on to your teach from me.And mind you it's not forbidden

sukikettle wrote: »
    Jammy is a kid! Well now that explains a lot.Here's an apple to pass on to your teach from me.And mind you it's not forbidden

What are you on about sukikettle? Have you resorted to stalking me around Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

You asked the teacher...:D I'm going to disengage yakking with you to be sure to be sure. I thought you were a mature guy having a rant. I'm shocked and really it's hilarious. See ya around kid

• Advertisement

Right...?

Ok that was weird.

I know?! I thought that I might have just dreamt that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

haha nutjob

if theres anything in particular you want to know, im sure we can help

Yeah I'm just wondering what the title/topic of the field study this year is. Or is there a choice or what's the buzz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah I'm just wondering what the title/topic of the field study this year is. Or is there a choice or what's the buzz?

we went to some **** whole in wicklow to study river deposition and transportation, basically you need all the measurements and times etc from the experiments then you can bluff the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

we went to a beach and studied 3 things
    1. the slope of the beach
    2. the rate of longshore drift
    3. deposits on the beach (rock types, size of each rock)

we had to do the last one on each part of the beach (stormbeach, midshore and foreshore)

we have to choose 2 to write about on the actual thing, fairly easy one to do tbh. whole thing only took about an hour and the writing is simple to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

we went to some **** whole in wicklow to study river deposition and transportation, basically you need all the measurements and times etc from the experiments then you can bluff the rest!
    We went to the same place!-I think..Lower site was on the source of the Liffey annyway!
    We were waitin in the cold for 2 hours on our bus back...damn it was cold...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

amacachi wrote: »

You will need to organise a teacher to supervise and sign off on your field study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StevenK

My geography teacher has no interest in guiding us directly about doing the field report. I have my aims and hypotheses as well as planning and gathering information. Im doing the fluvial option in the field study. could somebody give a few sample aims/hypotheses so that i could know if im on the right track

Advertisement