Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltimore vs. Panthers in Superbowl.. Anyone agree?

• 11-01-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Who do you think will make the bowl?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hi, and welcome to the forum. We already have a thread on this subject.

One of the things we try to do is not clog up the first page with multible threads on the same topic.

Anyways there is one under the title superbowl. Thats where we all put our thoughts down on that type of questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

FWIW, yeah I think that's a very strong possibility for the Superbowl. One I'd be happy with too. I'd like to see Philly in there too though. (Anyone but San Diego TBH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bazfitz

Joe Flacco is the best rookie quarter back in 10 years. Our defense is amazing. Keeping the titans to 13 points at home is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

bazfitz wrote: »
    Joe Flacco is the best rookie quarter back in 10 years. Our defense is amazing. Keeping the titans to 13 points at home is amazing.

Ah now c'mon. He's not even the best Rookie QB this season. I'd put Roethlisberger ahead of him too TBH.

Penalties and Interceptions lost it for Tennessee today.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

I think the Ravens will beat the Chargers and lose to the Steelers so whoever wins tomorrow will decide if the Ravens proceed or not to the SB. RE NFC, well, it's tricky. Don't think Eagles, no way Cardinals, so it'll be Panthers or Giants I'd say. Hard to tell between both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning dont count in your train of thought no? There is also Big Ben, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan jesus I could rattle of tons more QBs in the last ten years who had good rookie seasons. Joe Flacco is far from the best. He has had an awesome season yes but Matt Ryan has had a better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning dont count in your train of thought no? There is also Big Ben, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan jesus I could rattle of tons more QBs in the last ten years who had good rookie seasons. Joe Flacco is far from the best. He has had an awesome season yes but Matt Ryan has had a better one.

Ill give you roethlisberger and peyton, but eli was terrible in his rookie season and brady didnt play. There are plenty of QBs who have had to wait a year or 2, come in, and played really well (Rivers, Rodgers, Cutler) but they cant be compared to a true rookie.

BTW i think ryan has been much better than flacco this year, so obviously he cant be the best of the last 10 years. Ryan is definitely up there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Tom Brady was 1 of 3 for 6 yard his rookie year!! Eli was pretty crappy his rookie year aswell. I agree with you that Ryan is better than Flacco. Flacco is good but people are getting a bit carried away. The defense is the reason they are where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

delanec8 wrote: »
    Ill give you roethlisberger and peyton, but eli was terrible in his rookie season and brady didnt play..

Ahem,you sure about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

Ahem,you sure about that?

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Sorry,my bad...must be the captain morgan spiced rum getting to my head....

Just to put it up, heres Eli's rookie stats:

Games - 9

Games Started - 7

95 of 148 for a 48.2% completion pecentage.

6 TD and 9 INT

1,043 yards and a rating of 55.4.

Im a Giants fan and i am pleased with Eli's improvement this year but I read in an article somewhere that apart from his rookie year Elis always done a great job of avoiding turnovers!!! I dont know what that dude was somking cos thats not even slightly true.

2004 - 9 ints
    2005 - 17 ints
    2006 - 18 ints
    2007 - 20 ints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well Joe Flacco may be there but Jake Delhomme certainly wont after his 5 INT and a fumble against the Cardinals.....the Panthers were sent packing by there own offensive mistakes....

Hynzie wrote: »
    Tom Brady was 1 of 3 for 6 yard his rookie year!! Eli was pretty crappy his rookie year aswell. I agree with you that Ryan is better than Flacco. Flacco is good but people are getting a bit carried away. The defense is the reason they are where they are.

Sorry the op said Rookie QB nothing about his first year. To me a rookie QB is someone in his first couple of years and hasnt started yet.

Eli Manning was and still is a good QB including his rookie year. He didnt do too shabby at all for a new QB. And Tom Brady was still a rookie in 2001 when he got his chance. Now had he been knocking around the league for 5 years as a backup before he got his chance I would call him a rookie but simple fact he was a rookie QB in the NFL in 2001.

Sorry the op said Rookie QB nothing about his first year. To me a rookie QB is someone in his first couple of years and hasnt started yet.

Eli Manning was and still is a good QB including his rookie year. He didnt do too shabby at all for a new QB. And Tom Brady was still a rookie in 2001 when he got his chance. Now had he been knocking around the league for 5 years as a backup before he got his chance I would call him a rookie but simple fact he was a rookie QB in the NFL in 2001.

I hear what your saying about brady, I was just pointing out he technically wasnt a rookie. I dont think 3 passes really counts as rookie season either :D But I think Eli was no great shakes as a rookie. He had a rating of 55.4! You cannot say he was one of the best rookie QBs ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Superbowl:

Arizona Cardinals vs. Baltimore Ravens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

To me a rookie QB is someone in his first couple of years and hasnt started yet.

Eli Manning was and still is a good QB including his rookie year. He didnt do too shabby at all for a new QB

Well the rest of the American Football world only uses the first year in the NFL to define rookie :rolleyes:

And Eli was 1-6 with the Giants in his first year, after Warner had them 5-2. His stats above don't help his case either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd have Vince Young in there definitly.

Passing:
    51.5 comp %, 2,199 yards, 12TD's, 13Int's, 66.7 QB rating.

Rushing:
    552yards, 6.7avg and 7 TD's.

Dodge wrote: »
    Well the rest of the American Football world only uses the first year in the NFL to define rookie :rolleyes:

Eh no they dont. There is a difference between rookie season and a rookie. Until you have gained ample experience you are still a rookie. Going back to 2001 Tom Brady was still being called a rookie when he got his starts. In the real world a rookie is someone who is still inexperienced and yet to gain full experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

But this isn't the real world. This is the NFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

Dodge wrote: »
    But this isn't the real world. This is the NFL.

I'd have to agree with Dodge. You wouldn't call Matt Cassel a rookie this year just cos he finally got a chance to play.

When a player has been in the league for a couple of years, practised with an nfl team, learnt the plays and has been sitting on the bench, he is no longer a rookie. fact is...tom brady spent his rookie year on the bench.

but yeh vince young had a good rookie season too! joe flacco looks good though. roll on ravens v cardinals for another test for rookie joe.

I knew this would line up to be some sort of FAIL haha although the tough Steelers D will always make it hard for ye but his inexperience truly showed tonight. :D

Advertisement