Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rugby in ul?

• 11-01-2009 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

prob goin there next year, whats it like, is the standard high, is htere lots of teams? how often is training etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

i play with the ul team,the standard is average,but it is very social.im a fresher and thats why i joined there,they have nights out and stuff,great way to make new friends,and the best bit is,its all on campus.there is a fresher team and a senior team.the fresher is easy to get on to,the seniors is a bit harder..but if your lookin for a high standard game,bohs should be what you want.they are a club team,be they are in annacotty,not on campus,plenty of teams all around limerick,.oh training is twice a week with ul,mondays and wednesdays at around 5 o clock in the afternoon,after all your lectures,i probably left loads out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

hi
    i went to ul and i played for ul bohs.

the u20 team there was pretty good, always did well in the munster league and sometimes all ireland if i remember correctly.

being that i was too old for the u20's when i was there i played with the thirds team, that was social but not a bad standard either. they trained tuesday and thursdays at 7.

look at their website to see what you think, http://www.ulbohs.com/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye the actual ul colelge team dosntseem to be amazing but this is because teams like ul bohs young munster and garry owen sign up the really good players and work their ass's off

if your serious about your rugby and you are good you should be able to find yourself a spot on one of these clubs under age teams

if your in it for the social aspect then the ul team would be good for you too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

ya, im a prop for my local team, not a great player, got good hands though, would you get to pick the position you play or do they put you where they think you should go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you're looking for a college team then UL Rugby is the way to go. It's more integrated into the Students' Union, with Bohs not having and with no hope of getting SU recognition. Like has already been mentioned Bohs is a club team not a college team, but that suits some people, however UL Rugby Club is disadvantaged by the fact the better players play with Bohs, just because of the name.

Can't say the pitches are of any great standard, there is a campaign due on that issue this semester. For the overall student experience, I'd join UL Rugby if I were you.

I'll find an email address for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 0650951

like kopykat said ul is mainly social rugby, keep you fit for the club at home, but we (i'm on the committee) are not too shabby and won the all ireland sevens blitz last year.

find out more at http://ulrugby.skynet.ie/

Advertisement