Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ride Outs?

• 11-01-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

I'd love to go on a ride-out sometime but there's one problem, I only ride a Honda Innova. It's 125 and tops out at 60mph and it's step-through (though it has gears so I'm not sure if it's a genuine scooter, though not a proper bike either).

Is there ride-outs for small bikes or is it generally bigger bikes???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

THIS! was in Cavan during last year. So I'm sure there's a few small bike outs. Thing of it is, it's been an awful cold winter and only the die hard commuters and crazy folk are really out. There isn't many ride outs. Wait until the weather gets warmer and I'm sure there'll be loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

You're dead right, it has been fierce cold and the weather not entirely hospitable to riding out at all!

I'll keep my eye out for small bike ride outs thanks Dob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jrafferty

Go tp www.biker.ie .Plenty of info there on everything biking in ireland.

Did so and have been nosing around IrishBikerForum too. I've actually already been put into 'Buswalds' on biker.ie for posting something that other didn't seem to like...

Seems like a knowledgable place apart from the seemingly random sendings to 'Buswalds'.

Is IBF like that too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Biker can be like that. Lots of HTFU's thrown around too. It's a goldmine of info and help, but a lot of randomness and pointless posts.

• Advertisement

Agreed on both counts...never seen so much of either in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Fabio wrote: »
    Did so and have been nosing around IrishBikerForum too. I've actually already been put into 'Buswalds' on biker.ie for posting something that other didn't seem to like...

Seems like a knowledgable place apart from the seemingly random sendings to 'Buswalds'.

Is IBF like that too?

NO there is none of that on IBF

LB

Cool must check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

IBF is full of info, ask a question and someone will answer it.

they do a sunday morning breakfast run, from Clonlee , info on IBF

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    IBF is full of info, ask a question and someone will answer it.

they do a sunday morning breakfast run, from Clonlee , info on IBF

Hey Lilli how you keeping aint seen you about for a long time :)

LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Hey Lilli how you keeping aint seen you about for a long time :)

LB

Hey LB,

yeh took a break from the other, just chilling these days, how bout u, getting out on bike much

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    Hey LB,

yeh took a break from the other, just chilling these days, how bout u, getting out on bike much

na i let the bike sit there for the winter going to start cleaning it up over the next few weeks and ill be back on the road in about a month :)

Advertisement