Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jingle all the way -Flecktones

• 11-01-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

Curious if anyone picked up this cd by the flecktones
    Got it for Christmas
    Love it, as I do most of the stuff they put out there.
    Had the same first reaction and growth as I did with the other 3 cds I have by them... "what the heck am I listening to.. => this is incredible"

A lot of throat singing, which makes it difficult for me to listen to with most others -they won't have any of it... save my sister, loved the zuma eh hah Personally, I love how they always push music with incorporating such unique sounds. Builds that texture thats hard to find elsewhere.. if really anywhere.. they're pretty unique afaik.
    The hardest song for me to listen to at first was the 12 days of christmas.. they use a different time signiture for each day. Very weird at first.. but it grew on me.. if nothing else.. the musicianship is something to appreciate and incredible arrangement.
    I love the Bach piece, dance of the sugar plum fairies and the Hanukkah waltz -favorites off the cd...
    they also have a little snipet of "few of my favorite things" for some reason I love that tune as a jazz piece.

Findings of other fans?
    peace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭real rocker

I agree with your comments 100%.The throat singing definately is an acquired taste.Ask my wife!
    I also did not imagine that Joni Mitchell's The River can be run in such a new direction especially after Herbie Hancock's reworking of it in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Countermoon

I love The Flecktones, but I can't stand that throat singing guy who played with them At The Quick.

Edit: this guy.

Advertisement