Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap as sin Projector for Teaching Practice

• 11-01-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey hey
    looking for a cheap as dirt projector for my final teaching practice to run powerpoint presentations of the laptop. Not worried about sharp images and stuff just summit that will run the stuff on a decent sized screen or blank wall etc

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 samhradh

could you try and borrow one? i know when i was in secondary school we had one in school but it never got used only to show us odd school match/event
    i personally dont know much about projectors but friends say that if you go cheap it will crucify you, they can go crazy price wise as you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deadlobster

The school is run down cramped and old. I'll be in prefab with 30 junior and senior infants. Lets just say IT hasn't arrived yet. The only one actually using a pc is the resource teacher. They are supposed to be finishing the new school this year but due to the Dept ed it hasnt even started. Might be another 6/7 as it stands. Money is tight lookin at another 6 weeks with no money coming in...... ah the joys http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deadlobster

hmmm I only have 1800 on the credit card, thought it was 2500 for some reason. Might just splash out and get http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=342123

seems decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

"to run powerpoint presentations of the laptop"

you want to show presentations about your laptop ?

as a teacher you should learn the difference between the words of and off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Geese it was typo let it goo (the ironing is delicious :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

how about an XGA for €341

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

... you can pick up one of theses refurbs from Misco.ie for about €150 delivered. The site shows them back in stock at the moment, but they tend to sell out very quickly (when I checked yesterday they were showing not-available)...

Infocus IN1 Projector

Can be hooked up to a laptop if you have s-video out, otherwise you can get a converter cabe for your VGA port from dealextreme for a few euro.

I've got two of these projectors so far from misco which are mainly use for movies and the wii - they are far from top of the line, and the resolution is pretty low (so you'd need fairly big font in your powerpoint slides!) but still a great piece of kit for the price. You'll find a thread in bargain-alerts a few months back on this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

steamboat wrote: »
    ... you can pick up one of theses refurbs from Misco.ie for about €150 delivered. The site shows them back in stock at the moment, but they tend to sell out very quickly (when I checked yesterday they were showing not-available)...

Infocus IN1 Projector

Can be hooked up to a laptop if you have s-video out, otherwise you can get a converter cabe for your VGA port from dealextreme for a few euro.

I've got two of these projectors so far from misco which are mainly use for movies and the wii - they are far from top of the line, and the resolution is pretty low (so you'd need fairly big font in your powerpoint slides!) but still a great piece of kit for the price. You'll find a thread in bargain-alerts a few months back on this deal

Actually... looks like due tot the strong euro, this has dropped to just €131.56 inc VAT and delivery from misco now! Oh, and comes with a wall-mountable pull down screen too

Advertisement