Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Owns Evan Brown's Brain?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 1:04am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭

who said they don't own your thoughts ?

http://www.unixguru.com/
    It's happening to me here in Texas, corporate power and greed threaten all of us. I developed an "idea" on my own personal time over many years and the company that employed me (DSC) was in the telecommunications business. My idea was a software reverse engineering concept but that didn't stop DSC from claiming ownership to all my personal time and effort I put into my idea.

As a result, an undeveloped thought in a persons mind is now qualified by the Texas courts to be an invention. As a result, if you receive compensation (pay check) all your thoughts (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) belong to your employer.

DSC Communications was a manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and there is no reference to any product sales of software reverse engineering services or product in any of their SEC filings or other company literature, yet Judge Henderson ruled that my idea was along the line of work or business.

Advertisement