Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trad seisun meath?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi There

Would anyone be able to tell me of a good trad session that happens in meath? Anywhere near Navan would be brill. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kovski

Not 100% sure if this is still going on as I've not been there in a while but I think there is one in the Royal Meath on Thursdays in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Lantern Bar on a Wednesday night, running for 30+ years can be hot and cold depending who comes in have had some great nights in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bugnut

Brogans in Trim

Check with them - Sunday nights - I think every 2 weeks - sorry can't be more specific.

Very good players - local guys O Raithalaighs (not correct spelling) all Ireland champion Trad

Worth a call to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sprocket1

berminghams accross from the palace bar in navan is good on a wed night

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marron_

there's a trad seis in dunsany gaa clubhouse every tuesday.
    also marcie's pub has one on friday and saturday. its BRILL! the pub claims to be the second oldest in the country. it's THE authentic irish pub... none of that bull for the tourists like leprachauns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Bugnut wrote: »
    Brogans in Trim

Check with them - Sunday nights - I think every 2 weeks - sorry can't be more specific.

Every Sunday. The O'Raghallaigh's play every second week. Rory Summers and crew are there the other weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Valentia wrote: »
    Every Sunday. The O'Raghallaigh's play every second week. Rory Summers and crew are there the other weeks.

yeah, was down in Brogans by fluke one sunday, it was a great night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ironmania

The two best places to go are Brady's Pub, Ludlow Street, Navan (Beside Newgrange hotel) every Friday night and Knights Bar, Watergate Street, Navan (Down from the Valley Cafe) each Wedensday night both starting at about half nine. Great craic each night to be had by all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

You could try Rathcairn (thats if you'd like to listen to Irish being spoken), which is a Gaelteacht near Athboy. It is a bit out of the way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

rathcairn is less then 10 mins from navan, head out the athboy road, after about 5mile, take the left at the crossroads, then take the right at the T and then take the next left

english speaking is forgiven in rathcairn, but try to make an effort at a few works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Lenihans (james Griffin over the door) in Trim Wednesday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Arches in Kells on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tripi

try the listings section of the meath event guide online, they might have something www.meg.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dáibhí

Just back from a great trad. seisiún in O'Brien's pub in Dunshaughlin tonight, Friday 7 August 2009. There were no less than 11 musicians there, and a couple of the more vocally-gifted locals gave their own quite fine renditions of songs during the night. Superb stuff.

Excellent to see trad back in the village. I hope they make it a regular event and advertise it.

Advertisement