Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to kick out the Israeli Ambassador?

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Min wrote: »
    Yes we should kick out the ambassador because......

They are lucky to have rockets fired into Israel, imagine the adrenalin rush as the sirens go off and you run to your bunker, we should ask the UK to fire some rockets into Ireland, maybe around the Dublin area when people decide to protest, live TV and we could watch them run for cover, nothing like a bit of reality TV.
    I mean it would be such fun, we would need bomb shelters to be built but as we know it is completely natural to accept rockets being fired at you and we should not respond. When somebody doesn't get out the way of an incoming rocket and they get killed we should just ignore it and just accept it.
    We know how wrong it is according to some to respond to rocket fire so lets have rockets fired at us in support of the Palestinian cause.
    Can we have some Palestinians who are experts at firing rockets fire some rockets at us so we can wave our Palestinian flags to show our solidarity with them?

You forgot we have to get them to dig some tunnels to kidnap people off the street. and the ones that have been kidnaped will be away for two or more years while the government that kidnapped them try to get all there murderers out of prision.
    oh and they would be fully expecting the victims of the rockets to continue to allow materiels used for thier manufacture to ba allowed in sure while we are at it why not pay for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

wes wrote: »
    The IDF has used Human shield plenty of times, why no criticism of them?

Also, dropping bombs from a 1000 feet is hardly heroic either.

We're talking about the situation that was at hand, aren't we?

Also, with regards to the bombs from 1000 feet comment, do you know much about modern warfare? Would you prefer they forgot the bombs and just stormed the streets, shooting anything that moved?
    Dudess wrote: »
    That I'm not a bohemian hippy, nor are all the others I know who feel things are a tad unpleasant for Palestinians being ruled over by Israel. That's not being bleeding heart - that's obviously just basic human decency.

Ah I see, so you're basing your "not everyone is a bohemian/college student/hippy/leftie" claim on your sample size of you and your mates...nice :pac:
    Dudess wrote:
    And if they are bohemian college students... so what? Those comments about students... they remind me of someone. Hmmm... can't quite place who it is. It'll come to me I'm sure... :p

Oi! :p
    Dudess wrote:
    Oh come on, Rb - you've more brains than that. While Hamas are vile fanatics ****ing over their own people as well as innocent Israelis, only a hardline Zionist would dismiss the reasonings behind people's objections to how Palestinians are treated. I just find this dismissal/denial of what's happening on one side, in order to strengthen an argument/agenda on the other side, quite sickening really. And I'm pointing the finger at both sides.

Look, not all people who find the treatment of Palestinians reprehensible are bleeding heart hippies - they just have some level of compassion. Thankfully.

Oh I don't know... perhaps a discontinuation of treating Palestinians like sh1t?

Indeed, Hamas are vile fanatics, but they're also part of the Government and were put there by the people of Palestine, were they not?

Mairt wrote: »
    I think he might be referring to Wes's habit of thanking Nodin in almost each and every post, whilst adding almost nothing of substance to the entire Palestinian/Israel discussion on any forum where the issue's are being discussed, it is a little sad IMO.

Yup, that's what I was referring to and I agree.
    Min wrote: »
    The Palestinian leadership in Gaza sure know how to do a bad campaign, they fire rockets and when enough is enough they get attacked and you have some who then think the Palestinians then need supporting. Hamas are extremists and firing rockets obviously backfired if Hamas wanted a solution... they don't want a solution, they would prefer Israel to knock down that big wall and let some Palestinian eejits go into Israel and blow themselves and others to smithereens, no doubt with the promise of an eternal reward for being a martyr, when its nothing more than common murder.
    Israel is far from being an angel in all of this but supporting people (Hamas led Gaza) who wouldn't care if you were blown up leaves me in doubt why they have a campaign against Israel, it certainly isn't a campaign that wants a solution.

Indeed.
    Wave them backwards, like they do in Galway

You see that, Dudess? Do you see what I'm seeing there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Yea, but the humour forum is this way >>>

Then why didn't you take your 'haha' post about white phosphorus there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Rb wrote: »
    We're (....)eeing there?

Still can't formulate a theory as to why some Palestinians support "terrorism"?

I didn't think it was that difficult a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah, mad bastard that I am, going on reputable third party sources for a definition, rather than what some guy on a forum said.....Must be out of me gourd altogether.....Next I'll be quotin bewks n'all......

Thats pretty retarded mate, I went on a definition, I rather not make that type of stuff up. Looks like you didn't read much of it anyway.

LaMer wrote: »
    Thats pretty retarded mate, I went on a definition, I rather not make that type of stuff up. Looks like you didn't read much of it anyway.

No, you misapplied the definition to suit your point. Its rather odd that the various sources I listed take the same position as me, whereas the only one who takes your view...is you. Now, off you trot, and convince Encarta, the CIA and Britannica they're wrong.

No, you misapplied the definition to suit your point. Its rather odd that the various sources I listed take the same position as me, whereas the only one who takes your view...is you. Now, off you trot, and convince Encarta, the CIA and Britannica they're wrong.
    Naw pretty definite I didn't. I'm not saying that all those sources are wrong, never have and never will because they're right. But a country with it's legal basis rooted in religious law is a theocracy, pure and simple.

And from Encarta, which you like so much: "Support from Saudi religious leaders is crucial for the regime’s legitimacy and political survival."
    "
    The law also states that the duties of the state are to protect Islam"
    "
    Theocracy (Greek theokratia, “government by a god”), constitution, or polity, of a country in which God is regarded as the sole sovereign and the laws of the realm are seen as divine commands"
    Hmm looks like the power is vested in some religious leaders, seems to fit your bill.

Naw pretty definite I didn't. I'm not saying that all those sources are wrong, never have and never will because they're right. But a country with it's legal basis rooted in religious law is a theocracy, pure and simple.

Yet they're listed as monarchies. Because your simplistic reading of the definition is wrong.

And now you're equivocating, because if those sources are right, you're wrong.

Yet they're listed as monarchies. Because your simplistic reading of the definition is wrong.

And now you're equivocating, because if those sources are right, you're wrong.
    No it doesn't. I know that Saudi is a monarcy, any idiot can see that. Ever think of a theocratic monarchy? Seems like you're sticking your fingers in your ears and screeching "lalalalalala". You havn't presented an argument or definition, you've just pulled up a couple of encyclopedia pages, thats pretty simplistic. Hell I could just pull up wikipedia and point out that Saudi is on the theocracy page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah I see, so you're basing your "not everyone is a bohemian/college student/hippy/leftie" claim on your sample size of you and your mates...nice :pac:
    Yeah, and it demonstrates how not EVERYONE who recognises the suffering of the Palestinian people is a bleeding heart hippy - just a human being really.
    Indeed, Hamas are vile fanatics, but they're also part of the Government and were put there by the people of Palestine, were they not?
    Because of what the Israeli government was doing. You've only picked up on my "Hamas are vile fanatics" comment in that post, what about all the other things I said? Why oh why can't the Israel backers just ADMIT life is sh1tty for Palestinians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    Why oh why can't the Israel backers just ADMIT life is sh1tty for Palestinians?

Life is shitty for Palestinians.

No it doesn't. I know that Saudi is a monarcy,

And lo, there was a light...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think he might be referring to Wes's habit of thanking Nodin in almost each and every post, whilst adding almost nothing of substance to the entire Palestinian/Israel discussion on any forum where the issue's are being discussed, it is a little sad IMO.

Pretty funny, I have posted plenty on this thread already (there a fair few pages back) and plenty of substance too. Hardly my problem that you seem to have a short memory, or because you disagree with me, therefore consider me sad. I have been called plenty of names on these types of threads and could care less, instead of addressing anything I say, you resort to such nonsense, is far more telling.

I can thank whomever I please, I could care less what anyone thinks of that. You can think it sad all you want, but I have posted plenty here already, and I could care less whether you deem my contributions to have substance or not.

We're talking about the situation that was at hand, aren't we?

Yes, we are. Dropping bombs from a 1000 feet is not brave, especially when the chances of being shot down are almost 0.
    Also, with regards to the bombs from 1000 feet comment, do you know much about modern warfare? Would you prefer they forgot the bombs and just stormed the streets, shooting anything that moved?

How does this make dropping bombs from a 1000 feet any braver? Oh wait it doesn't. Of course you would rather not address my point at all.

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    You forgot we have to get them to dig some tunnels to kidnap people off the street. and the ones that have been kidnaped will be away for two or more years while the government that kidnapped them try to get all there murderers out of prision.

Israel kidnaps Palestinains all the time. A lot of these people have not been proven guilty of anything. Of course, its always so convenient to leave what Israel does out of the equation.

Just to make it clear, neither side should kidnap anyone.
    IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    Y
    oh and they would be fully expecting the victims of the rockets to continue to allow materiels used for thier manufacture to ba allowed in sure while we are at it why not pay for them.

So its ok for Israel to engage in a act of state terrorism against 1.5 million people then? Plenty of victims on both sides.

• Advertisement
Advertisement