Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to kick out the Israeli Ambassador?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Can you read? I said "SINCE 2005". Not never.

Go back and read my contributions to this thread, its all there. Including references.

lol you edited your post after i quoted it man so i did in fact read exactly what you said and then you changed it :rolleyes:

edit; and you didnt apologise for your mistake or acknowledge your edit says alot imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Australia has greater racial integration than most countries. Stick to the point.

Er you asked me a question and I responded to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Em Yes. With your usual vitriolic style.

PeakOutput wrote: »
    lol you edited your post after i quoted it man so i did in fact read exactly what you said and then you changed it :rolleyes:

edit; and you didnt apologise for your mistake or acknowledge your edit says alot imo

I edited before your reply, it was an error. As my original post about the same subject from last night
    proves.

Well done to everyone who has proved that xenophobia and having no fact I'd a better basis For debating
    than proper knowledge of the subject.

I'd spend half my life proving some of you don't know anything about the situation
    so if anybody is interested there I'd a lengthy and excellent thread in politics
    called 155 Palestinians = 1 Israeli.

Winner out.

Well done to everyone who has proved that xenophobia and having no fact I'd a better basis For debating
    than proper knowledge of the subject.
    Now you're dribbling.

I edited before your reply, it was an error. As my original post about the same subject from last night
    proves.

clearly you didnt as i quoted your unedited comment

I'd spend half my life proving some of you don't know anything about the situation

most people dont know the intricacies of the situation that is correct most people do know enough to come to their own conclusions on it though. i for example know enough to come to the conclusion that the actions from both sides before a certain point are irrelevant and that the only way forward is threw talks and peace and the only way for that to happen is to get rid of hamas

Winner out.

oh you joker you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I think we should kick out the American and English ambassadors, I do find it amusing that a country whos race were almost wiped out in a genocide think its a nice idea to try the same thing on another set of people. Funny eh?

R0ot wrote: »
    I think we should kick out the American and English ambassadors, I do find it amusing that a country who's population were almost wiped out in a genocide think its a nice idea to try the same thing on another set of people. Funny eh?
    I don't think anyone on here think it's funny or amusing that Palestinians are being killed. Go back moderating stupidity or wherever you came from.

removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And it's ''whose''

Correcting grammar and spelling around here won't win you any friends!.

• Advertisement

Yeh, you're right. Low blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

When it strikes closer to home maybe you'll change your view.

Ah sure, the Brits bombed Dublin and the government didn't even bother to investigate it.

An inquiry opened up a few years ago and the Brits told us to fnck off if we thought they'd co-operate with it.

We didn't kick out their ambassador over bombing us, I don't think we're gonna kick out the Israeli's over bombing somewhere else.

R0ot wrote: »
    I think we should kick out the American and English ambassadors, I do find it amusing that a country whos race were almost wiped out in a genocide think its a nice idea to try the same thing on another set of people. Funny eh?

great choice of words there :rolleyes:

also please link to any credible source that shows that this is about wiping palestinians off the face of the planet. you wont be able to find any. you might findsources saying that hamas(who are palestinians but not all palestinians are hamas) want to wipe israel off the face of the planet so maybe you just got yourself mixed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Unless the UN takes back control then we should let them dog it out and hope it ends swiftly.

Israel and Hamas, right or wrong, are independant powers which have a disagreement. If Ireland has a strategy to solve the current situation which will take into effect immediately after kicking out the Israeli ambassador and without the need to communicate with Israel then I'm all for kicking him out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I don't think anyone on here think it's funny or amusing that Palestinians are being killed. Go back moderating stupidity or wherever you came from.

Irony seems to be missing you slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As I was the OP on this issue I have now found out that it was a union head - Jack O'Connor of SIPTU who made the initial call for the Israeli ambassador to be sent packing. I notice listening to various radio programmes today that some more support has been voiced for this idea. It really has been the case that the Israeli Government have not paid a blind bit of notice to various calls to stop from different EU ministers and the pressure needs to be ratched up, and fast, before another Lebanon type massacre happens. A total trade emargo should follow the ambassadors' expulsion if it nothing changes.

Assuming a ceasefire does eventually ensue the EU needs to adopt a much more serious approach to the Palestinian problem and the Middle East in general - if only for for the selfish reason of safeguarding World Peace and the West's oil supply! :)

It really has been the case that the Israeli Government have not paid a blind bit of notice to various calls to stop from different EU ministers and the pressure needs to be ratched up

why would they? they are their to protect their people not to do the bidding of foreign politicians thousands of miles away. just because they dont agree with us on this matter is no reason to throw the rattler out of the pram.

why would they? they are their to protect their people not to do the bidding of foreign politicians thousands of miles away. just because they dont agree with us on this matter is no reason to throw the rattler out of the pram.

What do you suggest we do about the situation? Is there a figure of dead Palestinians we should wait for before doing something? I,000 or maybe we should be really restrained and wait for 5,000 dead or for one of the other superpowers like Russia or China to start making shapes. :mad:

What do you suggest we do about the situation? Is there a figure of dead Palestinians we should wait for before doing something? I,000 or maybe we should be really restrained and wait for 5,000 dead or for one of the other superpowers like Russia or China to start making shapes. :mad:

i suggest we initially support the destruction of any terrorist organisation and then diplomacy and moderate politics can take hold and issues resolved while both parties live in peace. i suggest that if israel appear to stray from their stated goals of stopping rocket attacks and hamas then we take strong and decisive action but this is not the case so far.

out of curiosity what number of dead israelis would have been an acceptable one for this attack to have been launched?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

One thing for certain is that your' stupidity knows no bounds. I hate no Muslim or anyone for that matter. Islaamic fundamentalism caused Bali- Fact.

...which has really nothing to do with the Palestinian situation per se.

You still haven't provided a definition for "Islamic facism".
    Yeh, you're right. Low blow..

More of a brick through your glass house.

i suggest we initially support the destruction of any terrorist organisation and then diplomacy and moderate politics can take hold and issues resolved while both parties live in peace. i suggest that if israel appear to stray from their stated goals of stopping rocket attacks and hamas then we take strong and decisive action but this is not the case so far.

out of curiosity what number of dead israelis would have been an acceptable one for this attack to have been launched?

I would have said nothing short of an attempted invasion of southern Israel from Gaza would have warranted the present level of Israeli operations. Incidentally, how does forcing even more Palestinians into the arms of Hamas help fight terroroism?

I would have said nothing short of an attempted invasion of southern Israel from Gaza would have warranted the present level of Israeli operations.

ok i respect your opinion but i just think it would be retarded of a government to wait for things to escalate that far(Causing way way more deaths) when they can stop it now.

i think its like saying that we shouldnt imprison people preaching hatred and training terrorists until they actually attack us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I edited before your reply, it was an error.
    At 14:38 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58552506&postcount=230
    Edited at 14:41 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58552469&postcount=224
    Your edit was AFTER his post.
    Look up irony in the dictionary.

=-=

Israel has already told Egypt what it wants to resolve this: international force of some sort on the Egypt/Gaza border, to stop the terrorists from bringing in weapons across the border, via tunnels, etc.
    Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal said his ruling Islamist group would not consider a ceasefire until Israel ended its air, sea and ground assault and lifted its blockade of Gaza. A Hamas delegation held talks in Cairo on an Egyptian truce plan.

Israel, describing as unworkable a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for a ceasefire, wants a halt to rocket attacks and arrangements to ensure that Hamas cannot rearm through tunnels under the Egypt-Gaza border.

An Israeli defense official was to visit Egypt on Monday to press for tougher anti-smuggling measures.

Along Gaza's border with Egypt, Israeli aircraft pounded suspected tunnels. Witnesses said Israeli warplanes have been flying over Egyptian territory during their bombing runs. An Israeli military spokesman had no immediate comment.
    It seems once they have caved in the tunnels, and killed most of the Hamas, they'll he happy. People may say this will create more support for Hamas, but all Israel seems to care about is Hamas not having rockets, and not being able to get more.

very interesting and almost balanced debate on rte radio one right now

i happen to agree with the 'pro israeli guy' but the others seem to know their stuff aswell would be a good way of increasing how informed the after hours posters are

Nodin wrote: »
    ...which has really nothing to do with the Palestinian situation per se.

You still haven't provided a definition for "Islamic facism
    Right. Islamic fundamentalism and hamas are a million miles apart! Islamic fascism. Just a Bushism for islamic fanatics who only want moslems on what they consider to be muslim land. Has little to do with actual fascism. Just a derogatory term for Islamic extremists in short. Re my ''glass house''. I was wrong, I apologised. Move on.

• Advertisement

Right. Islamic fundamentalism and hamas are a million miles apart!

Hamas are Shia.
    Islamic fascism. Just a Bushism for islamic fanatics who only want moslems on what they consider to be muslim land..

Yes, fundamentalist Jihadis, following a form of Sunni islam.

Hamas are Shia.
    And not Jihadist and fundamentalist in their thinking? Come on!

And not Jihadist and fundamentalist in their thinking? Come on!

Fundamentalist Shia, but Jihadi in the sense of the Wahabi Sunni groups, no.

Fundamentalist Shia, but Jihadi in the sense of the Wahabi Sunni groups, no.
    What about Jihadi in the sense that they would like to wipe Israel off the map in a holy war? Or is that Wahabi Sunni as well?

What about Jihadi in the sense that they would like to wipe Israel off the map in a holy war? Or is that Wahabi Sunni as well?

Every well-informed opinion on the subject states Hamas are ready to accept a 2-state solution and a full peace-treaty with Israel. The IRA still came out with statements of rhetoric while they were negotiating with the British. The fact they were even negotiating was a massive clue as to their indications. As it is with Hamas, who have sat down with a former American President and stated they will negotiate with Israel on "any subject".

• Advertisement

IRA were in negotiations in the early seventies too but lacked political expertise and commonsense to reach any agreement. It was all about rhetoric at that time. I think it would be wishful thinking to assume that Hamas has reached any sort of political or diplomatic maturity at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Every well-informed opinion on the subject states Hamas are ready to accept a 2-state solution and a full peace-treaty with Israel.

Well-informed? The Hamas charter of 1988 clearly states their mandate for driving Israel into the sea. Besides, I very much doubt that Israel, of all states, would even consider negotiating a two state solution with Hamas under constant rocket attack. On the contrary, they're more likely to continue with their incursions and aggression. More's the pity for every innocent person in the region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

why are palestinian protesters unable to have a peaceful protest ?
    thier behaivour at todays demonstration was shocking.

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    No. Thats just Zionist propaganda. You are ''mis informed''. No actually you are totally right. The guys marching in England today would be the same lot baying for blood over a few Danish cartoohs or a boring book by Rushdie. I really appreciate that many Irish people see a solidarity with Palestinians in that we seem to have some shared experiences. But really when you look at it, its not the same at all and we can end up actually supporting something quite evil and sinister.

IRISH RAIL wrote: »

The first day they went out they were attacked by the police, they were defending themselves against further attack.

The first day they went out they were attacked by the police, they were defending themselves against further attack.

Is there any evidence of this?

Is there any evidence of this?

Organisers said they would make an official complaint to Scotland Yard after claiming that riot police charged into people during the protest. Eyewitnesses claimed that a number of people, including children, were thrown to the ground in an underpass at Hyde Park at the end of the demonstration.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/04/gaza-israel-demonstration-trafalgar-square

Perhaps taking your kids to a riot might be a tad irresponsible? You are being selective in your attention again. What did they bring fireworks for?

Organisers said they would make an official complaint to Scotland Yard...

Ah right. So no evidence of it whatsoever then. Rioters and mayhem makers generally do blame the police for starting it.

Ah right. So no evidence of it whatsoever then. Rioters and mayhem makers generally do blame the police for starting it.

And vice versa.

• Advertisement

And vice versa.

From my experience, it's almost always a minority of the protesters that are responsible.

The sad thing is that they will be taken seriously in their complaints.

Perhaps taking your kids to a riot might be a tad irresponsible? You are being selective in your attention again. What did they bring fireworks for?

More silly lies from a typical antipodean. They didn't take their kids to a "riot". They took them to a peaceful protest. There was no violence from protestors even after being attacked by the police, that day. The next day they were prepared.

Although I suppose in small minds protestors are always to blame no matter what, even when completely peaceful, a la Reclaim The Streets and the May Day "Riots", which were 100% instigated by the authorities.

The BBC correspondent on the scene the first day so helpfully illustrated my point; she answering a question about "violence" at the protest by saying, word for word: "the protestors are singing songs, chanting slogans and holding placards, there's been no damage to property, but, I wouldn't call it peaceful, no".

It's a bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

you wish!!! It is not that simple !

From my experience, it's almost always a minority of the protesters that are responsible.

My experience says you're 100% wrong.

The sad thing is that they will be taken seriously in their complaints.

I don't think there's anything wrong with their complaints being taken seriously. I'm sure there will be enough CCTV footage to either allow their complaints to stand up or to identify those who did start any trouble.
    My experience says your 100% wrong.

Your experiences and mine are obviously very different so. I'm sure you're right though, the police probably do love kicking the crap out of peaceful protesters without provokation.

I don't think there's anything wrong with their complaints being taken seriously. I'm sure there will be enough CCTV footage to either allow their complaints to stand up or to identify those who did start any trouble.

And British MPs on hand.
    Your experiences and mine are obviously very different so. I'm sure you're right though, the police probably do love kicking the crap out of peaceful protesters without provokation.

As Reclaim The Streets proves.

As Reclaim The Streets proves.

I said peaceful protest not the pretence of one instigated by a bunch of malcontented retards ;)

The next day they were prepared.
    You see,you think that this is reasonable behaviour. You obviously think that it is ok for British Muslims to be in dissent with the British Police. It was never a peaceful protest. If I am a ''typical antipideon'' in your words then you are a typical loser in mine.

• Advertisement

the May Day "Riots"

were you at the may day riots? unless you mean caused by the authorities in that the march should never of been allowed happen you are sadly mistaken

i was there as it is very close to my work and i was doing over time and while there were large peacefull protests there was also a large contingent of hooligans. i even saw one youth run from the sinn fein peacefull protest over to a hooligan punch him in the face and shout ' we are trying to have a peacefull protest here' :rolleyes:

there is a great factually based film on riots in america(think it was baltimore or chicago) and it tells the story very well from both sides

Advertisement