Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Guitar Lessons, any ideas?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

In Limerick, one on one lessons would be best...i've been playing my guitar for years but i'm not great and tend to play by ear rather then learn techniques.....undoubtedly i have an amount of bad habits:rolleyes:

Can anyone advise...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

i have two friends who teach guitar, i can say it to them and then send you a PM.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been playing guitar for over 4 years now. I'm not an expert (only have a Grade 1 classical cert) but I'm free 3 evenings a week if you're interested in sending a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Rino87 turned me on to this,
    I've given 1 on 1 lessons before and would happily teach you. I play in the limerick metal band Shardborne but I play all sorts of stuff.
    If you want send me on a P.M and we can sort out details!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

I teach guitar privately to students in their own homes, in Limerick city or nearby. Send me a message if you are still looking, Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi guys,

I would be interested in getting lessons for my other half, a complete novice but a good musical ear, as a present.

What kind of money are we talking for one-on-one accoustic lessons?

Cheers,
    Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Jason who works in the Music department in Future Sound And Vision (FSV) located in upper william street next door to Gleeson Sports Shop teaches Guitar lessons from his house in Ballinacurra Gardens.

Give him a call.

Future Sound & Vision
    Newtownmahon Hse Upper William st Limerick Co. Limerick

(061)207955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone have any recommendations for one on one lessons in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

try youtube. There are millions of video clips on there showing how to play. you can pause/rewind. I think it works great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Notes wrote: »
    In Limerick, one on one lessons would be best...i've been playing my guitar for years but i'm not great and tend to play by ear rather then learn techniques.....undoubtedly i have an amount of bad habits:rolleyes:

Can anyone advise...

Thanks
    You are in a far better position than someone who doesnt play by ear, seriously, be careful getting lessons off people because youve been playing years and theres alot of chancers out there that are grand for say teaching a 13 year old the chords but wouldnt be any good for teaching someone playing years.
    Does Peter Dee still do that music acadamy ?His standard would be a bit higher than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notes

wylo wrote: »
    You are in a far better position than someone who doesnt play by ear, seriously, be careful getting lessons off people because youve been playing years and theres alot of chancers out there that are grand for say teaching a 13 year old the chords but wouldnt be any good for teaching someone playing years.
    Does Peter Dee still do that music acadamy ?His standard would be a bit higher than most.

Thanks for the advise wylo,

i never did find someone to teach me...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement