Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Network Down

• 11-01-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with 3 in Laois its been down the past 2 evenings I have full signal but nothing will work cant use the internet and cant send sms etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

no problems here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

towel401 wrote: »
    no problems here
    Culchie land is a large place :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No problems in portlaoise, did you call customer care? One thing they will admit to is an outage or work being done on the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Walkman wrote: »
    No problems in portlaoise, did you call customer care? One thing they will admit to is an outage or work being done on the network.

Cheers dude going to give them a call today, maybe its my phone wired it only happens in the evening could be just the cell i'm connected to when at home I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

They can be a pain.
    Had an issue with reception in work in Ballymount a few months ago, used to have full reception in the area but it died completely.
    After a long conversation with somebody on a different continent including trying to convince them that the address did in fact exist i got nowhere.
    About 6 phone calls later an admission came of a problem with no idea as to resolution timescale, it took 2 months.

Other than that text messages from other networks, and 3 can take anything up to 24 hours to get to me?

Good luck with them anyways!

• Advertisement

joeclif wrote: »
    Other than that text messages from other networks, and 3 can take anything up to 24 hours to get to me?

I would hardly think messages taking 24 hrs to get to yu would be a network issue more like a phone/sim issue

All seems to be working ok again today and this evening I called 3 and they werent aware of any problems or upgrades.

Am having problems again this evening it works fine when up in dublin a friend is with 3 down here he only joined a month ago and his phone is working fine any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is it definatley the network, could you have a phone problem...what's happening is the phone just dropping signal...

Droping signal but only down here and only sometimes also when I send a text it just says failed, going to get a lend of a different phone tomorrow and see would it be a sim problem? if it happened everywhere it would be so much easier to figure it out.

• Advertisement

it it going on long... what phone have you...txt might fail the odd time but it's not that common, is it happeing a lot, is it picture messages...

Every odd weekend actually whenever we have stormy weather high winds and heavy rain it starts Saturday night it was down and a gian tonight for a while back again now its a Nokia 6120c

mcguyver wrote: »
    Am having problems again this evening it works fine when up in dublin a friend is with 3 down here he only joined a month ago and his phone is working fine any ideas?

If your friends phone is working fine then obviously its not a network issue its your phone/sim.

that phone can be a little funny, if you remove the battery when it happens dose the network come back, 3 are working on there network at the moment I think, this might explain it but if it's happening on and off for a while it's probably the phone....

Both phones are working fine on Vodafone I manually selected the network turns out his phone was already on it. But mine keeps looking for 3G and its not there or gone very weak

or you phone is gone faulty...might be best get it to a nokia service center, unless your in a bad area the network shudn't be that erratic...

Ill try another phone tomorrow and report back 3G signal in normally excellent in this area thats why I moved to them.

could be the network then, they must be working on it, think a speed jump is on it's way;)

Just a quick update on this I tried 3 different phones tonight 6120c E65 and E51 and 2 different sim cards. Everything was fine all evening full 3G signal till about 1am then 3 vanished again on all phones vodafone worked no problem when 3 came back with a full signal I just kept getting error in connection even after a restart when trying to make a call. So its not a handset issuse anyway. Right now 3G signal still up and down. Have reported this to 3 so lets see what happens.

Should also mention data was extremly slow all evening took nearly 10mins to download 150kb

• Advertisement
Advertisement