Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patriots Fans

• 11-01-2009 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hey,

Just trying to gauge how many Pats fan are out there. Apologies if this thread already exists somewhere but I didn't see it and I did see some for Packers and Eagles. Think the Pats deserve their own thread here! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Most people are that I know anyway to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Me and one of my buddies will be starting up a fansite within the next couple of months for Irish Pats fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm a fan. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I have love in my heart for the Patriots :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They're one of a few times that I would watch when they're on (whenever I get a chance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What do you guys think of Josh McDaniels going to broncos as HC? Any chance of him being an epic failure? With the offense power on the Broncos I am finding it pretty unliekly, but hoping against hope he will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Check the sig - right here baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Colts till the End,

2006 AFC Championship Game - We Remember

What do you guys think of Josh McDaniels going to broncos as HC? Any chance of him being an epic failure? With the offense power on the Broncos I am finding it pretty unliekly, but hoping against hope he will be.

Was fairly suprised by it, I knew he'd go but when he did it hits.

There's the argument that he's good because of the Patriots offense's output last year with Brady, Moss, Welker etc so when you take away any brilliant weapons that he's only average. That's the argument, I liked the guy and I hope he does well but he has some legend to live up to in Shanahan - He was pretty much a god to those in Denver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Well, great to see some Pats fans!

I think it's a good move for Josh. I'd have done it. Pats travel to play them next year so that'll be fun! I get the impression from what Belichick said about Josh that they'll remain close (unlike with Mangini when he left). I hope Pioli (Pats VP for Personnel) doesn't leave too but may do to the Chiefs. Strange not having no Pats in the playoffs. Makes me cry to see Cardinals in NFC Championship when we beat them 47-7!!! Oh well, c'est la vie!

Hey tallaghtoutlaws, keep me posted about that as I was thinking about doing the same thing. You can register with the Patriots as an official fanclub if you get 10 fans to sign up (no charge!) in a co-ordinated effort. There isn't one in Ireland yet. I'll check it out a bit more and let you know. Would hope to find enough people here to get it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Another Pats fan here, on the Mcdaniels front,i had pretty much accepted he would be leaving but i would have preferred him to go somewhere besides Denver, for obvious reasons

Pioli is another big blow in the back room staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

New Pats fan here...

kryogen wrote: »
    Pioli is another big blow in the back room staff

:O Only found out this by reading your reply!

:O Only found out this by reading your reply!

bad news alright!! losing him and Mcdaniels will be a challenge to overcome, have faith though!! :)

few good defensive players picked up in the off season and we will be close to perfect next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'm a PAts fan for the last 9 years.

kryogen wrote: »
    bad news alright!! losing him and Mcdaniels will be a challenge to overcome, have faith though!! :)

few good defensive players picked up in the off season and we will be close to perfect next year

Faith in Bill and all is what I'll hold. ;)
    Would absolutely make my year if Brady was back and normal as he was.

Ok Pats fans

Myself and a few buddies have setup www.paddypatriots.com Irish Patriots Fans website. The domain has been registgered. So if you fancy helping out let me know. Once the site goes live we will register with the Patriots fan club and get as many Paddys on board. Non profit we are not in this too make money just to gather Pats fans alike in Ireland together and share our Patriot goodness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok Pats fans

Myself and a few buddies have setup www.paddypatriots.com Irish Patriots Fans website. The domain has been registgered. So if you fancy helping out let me know. Once the site goes live we will register with the Patriots fan club and get as many Paddys on board. Non profit we are not in this too make money just to gather Pats fans alike in Ireland together and share our Patriot goodness :)
    I'll certainly help out with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id love to help. Looking good.

Cheers guys once we get things up and running yopu guys are defo on board. If you have any suggestions let me know. Found a couple of boardsies who are going to help us build the website also :)

anything i can do to help TO just let me know, ill drop you my personal email address in a pm if needed k?

great idea

Good Idea Kryogen, Anyone who wants to write pieces for it and mod the forum when it goes live and generally help out PM your personal emails and we can keep in touch with developments that way. This will be awesome to get going and especially with the Game in London coming around be cool to hang out with fellow Pats fans from ireland ye know. More heads the better.

www.Paddypatriots.com has gone live.

Still in its infancy. Kryogen and Eagle eye sent you guys emails. Archimedes throw me your email address and I will email you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fluffysierra

I'm a Pats fan, can't wait to see them in Oct

Yes indeed as tallaghtoutlaw says come one come all to the great www.paddypatriots.com! I hope it'll be a really exciting, buzzing Pats community and as he said he'll register it with the Patriots and then when we attract them to play in 2011 in Croker we'll all get to sit on the Pats bench. Or something not quite as far fetched! :o

Advertisement