Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crit Immunity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

WellyJ wrote: »
    You don't need 540 for Heroics, only 535 for crit immunity on HC Bosses.

Think Copey has a DK, so id say you could easily handle heroics with a def rating of 530, maybe even a tad lower. I know i started tanking with alot lower rating, and its very hard to atually hit 535 with a DK, you will have have to get very lucky with alot of drops.

I have def rating in every slot except in main hand and trinket slots (i have trinket from AN and gundrak) and my rating is still on 533, and i can tank all heroics with ease. You can get away with it with DK as your spells are what make you get through the boss fights (Bone armor, IBF and lichborne are what i have incorporated in my build.

Below is the specc im currently using for tanking/pvp, its a really good build imo and i can go dps if i want too and still do a decent amount. I was dpsing in naxx the other day on last 2 bosses and my guild have very good gear for those fights and i was only 2% behind and in mostly pvp gear :D

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=0055000000000000000000000000050230130000000000000000000035200305003115203140203103000

Oh and i know im waaaaaay off topic, ill edit a pic later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

nix wrote: »
    Think Copey has a DK, so id say you could easily handle heroics with a def rating of 530, maybe even a tad lower. I know i started tanking with alot lower rating, and its very hard to atually hit 535 with a DK, you will have have to get very lucky with alot of drops.

I have def rating in every slot except in main hand and trinket slots (i have trinket from AN and gundrak) and my rating is still on 533, and i can tank all heroics with ease. You can get away with it with DK
    Speaking from the other perspective (healer)...no...no you can't. It may seem fine from your end, but you aren't the one having to heal through 17k-20k crits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

Blowfish wrote: »
    Speaking from the other perspective (healer)...no...no you can't. It may seem fine from your end, but you aren't the one having to heal through 17k-20k crits...

All depends on gear you can have a great tank and **** healer and still ok
    and the other way around but a balance is better, or both with imba gear is best ofc :)

Blowfish wrote: »

Yes..yes i can, ive tanked all heroics with no probs, with very good healers and very very **** healers.

Thats my point, i dont get hit with crits and i'm on vent with alot of healers and i ask them these kind of questions. And they reply with "ive had to heal through worse" "no your the same as most tanks" Ive even tanked my way through HoL with a fresh lvl 80 priest with only problems on the last boss, healer kept dying and we even managed to dps the boss down before i died.

I've also MT'd OS normal and heroic ;)

So id say your very misinformed, atleast for DK's anyway. Might be that for wars and druids, but they have alot easier time hitting def cap so id say thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

So id say your very misinformed, atleast for DK's anyway. Might be that for wars and druids, but they have alot easier time hitting def cap so id say thats why.
    Ok...so saying that a tank who isn't crit immune will get hit with crits is misinformed now?

• Advertisement

I was mainly refering to your remark about having to heal through 17-20k hits, im not crit immune according to the numbers game but ive never been hit for that much damage in one hit. infact its rare i get hit for as high as 10k.

Again my point being as a DK you do not need to be crit immune to tank heroics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you dont need to be immune,but it sure does help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was mainly refering to your remark about having to heal through 17-20k hits, im not crit immune according to the numbers game but ive never been hit for that much damage in one hit. infact its rare i get hit for as high as 10k.

Again my point being as a DK you do not need to be crit immune to tank heroics :)
    If you arent crit immune then you can and will and undoubtedly already have been, hit by 17-20k crits. The fact you havent noticed it, is exactly what blowfish is talking about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ivan wrote: »
    If you arent crit immune then you can and will and undoubtedly already have been, hit by 17-20k crits. The fact you havent noticed it, is exactly what blowfish is talking about ;)

Indeed, to put it into prospective we did the milatary wing in naxx10 tonight with me as the only tank, no issues upto 4hm. I tank thane, and got a blood spec DK to go on rivandare, first hit 28k damage and a wipe..

Ended up having to switch around with me on rivandare (who hits like a little bitch) and it was no problem at all, just disarm him and use trinkets and abilities and you wont need healing at all, while some of the dps and the dk killed thane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hey guys, just a quick update, im runnin as dps now as guild had more than enough tanks. started heroics this week have a few epics.

but from the tanks i have been running with (guild pala tank with 30k hp unbuffed) i think tanking with less than the req def would be a nightmare if not impossible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    hey guys, just a quick update, im runnin as dps now as guild had more than enough tanks. started heroics this week have a few epics.

but from the tanks i have been running with (guild pala tank with 30k hp unbuffed) i think tanking with less than the req def would be a nightmare if not impossible :)

There are certainly times in HCs where your tank not being crit immune will lead to him/her being killed faster than you can do anything about it, regardless of how good your healer is.

Which..... sucks. Crit immunity is the minimum a tank should have when starting HCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

-

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Healing tanks that are crit immune is boring.. cast 3 hots wait for mob to die and move on!... I need the critz to keep me awake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

One thing to note is that in the character screen the defense figure is always rounded to a whole number, so while it may say you have 535 def, it is possible that you only have 534.7 or something and are therefore not in fact crit immune for heroics. And when that crit hits it can be a big surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Simple rule in our guild is "Not crit immune, not raiding" when it comes to 25 man. Care less if people switch to a block/avoidance/whatever set for the trash but when a boss needs tanking the tank has to have => 540 Def.

Advertisement