Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does dublin have immigrant ghettos?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

Degsy wrote: »
    My sister is living in Donabate and the local school is full of immigrants,many of which cant speak English.
    She's sending her children to an irish school where at least they'll be in with a shout of getting a proper education.
    There's no way a school full of immigrants isnt going to suffer a disproportionate number of problems,not least because in t oday's PC society,teachers will be afraid to discipline them.

i know many immigrants who send their kids to irish school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mairt wrote: »
    Which can be attributed to the influx of foreign nationals in the last decade, placing a huge burden on social services and schools in the area.

Yes and no, if there wasn't the influx of building then there would have been no where for them to move into.
    Mairt wrote: »
    Now you can put that down to FF failure to foresee the problem immigration would bring and failing to put the infastructure into place ahead of it or whatever you want but the fact remains there's a problem in providing social services and school places to these people.

FF rezone vast tracks of land out here with Liam Lawor running the show for houses and building and due to the planning sytem here being an utter fúcking shambles socail building is not part of the system like in germany.

So like Talla in the late 70 early 80 we have had vast housing estates going up and no schools, the hospital getting hammered and traffic is a fúcking nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

i know many immigrants who send their kids to irish school

Why do they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thread closed (option suggested by OP).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement