Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternate.de - returning goods before they arrive?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 6:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Basically i ordered a LCD monitor from them and it's en-route by UPS as we speak, i agreed to pay by C-O-D (Cash On Delivery)....but now i see i can buy the monitor in Ireland for €100 cheaper :mad:

The UPS shipping they charged me was €50...as i say it's not even arrived yet and i want to cancel/return it unopened/unused....can i do this?

When the UPS guy arrives can i just say i refuse to pay and return to sender etc?, will the distance selling act cover this and i will encure any charges etc?

If you have any experience of this or advice i'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You'll most likely still be liable for the UPS cost, and possibly the cost of returning it to the store.

Why didn't you check the prices elsewhere before ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

They can charge you for the delivery but not restocking fees or anything else since you are covered by the cooling off period.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thanks, i think they will charge the €50 shipping fee myself...i did check other websites but the monitor i wanted was not in stock...and guess what?, a few days after ordering from Germany they get stock in Ireland and a €100 cheaper!!!!!

I never have luck :-(

Advertisement