Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Pizza from Hell!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Apple, cinnamon, apricot, berries, crumble and custard on one and berries, banana, 3 types of chocolate and custard on the other, so not vegan. Unless they can come up with a tastey derivative! Sounds very strange to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

is it busy? just wondering how easy it'd be to get a seat in the early evening. menu sounds delish

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Went there recently and we ordered the Limbo and Damed pizza. The Damed was fine but my Limbo Pizza had bacon in it! Unfortunately we had both eaten some before we realised. On the menu it says that you can get optional olives and when I orderd apparently I was asked if I wanted olives and bacon. I said yes thinking it was just olives (the music playing in the background doesn't help when trying to hear the waitress). So be very careful if you're ordering that pizza! Why would they have optional bacon on a vegetarian pizza?!! And why wasn't it on the menu?!

Also, the breaded brie we got was still frozen in the middle but that was ok cos they gave us a free glass of wine and another portion of brie.

Shame really, was looking forward to it.

Awwww! Not exactly something you'd expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Nature Boy wrote: »
    The Damed was fine but my Limbo Pizza had bacon in it! Unfortunately we had both eaten some before we realised.

Oh no! Poor you. I'll be very careful to order loudly and clearly when I finally get around to going there!

• Advertisement

Just went into Hell and got a Sinister Pizza, very very nice, had a kind of grey mushy thing which I assume was some kind of bean paste on it which held the ingredients together very well (unlike a normal pizza with no cheese where everything just falls straight off), I didn't like the pastey thing at first but it kind of grew on me. The base is delicious. It's a bit disappointing that they only have one vegan pizza when they have so many vegetarian ones (although the choice is a lot better than most restaurants!), but presumably the others can be asked for without cheese. I got snack size and it was very filling despite its smallness!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Went there recently and we ordered the Limbo and Damed pizza. The Damed was fine but my Limbo Pizza had bacon in it! Unfortunately we had both eaten some before we realised. On the menu it says that you can get optional olives and when I orderd apparently I was asked if I wanted olives and bacon. I said yes thinking it was just olives (the music playing in the background doesn't help when trying to hear the waitress). So be very careful if you're ordering that pizza! Why would they have optional bacon on a vegetarian pizza?!! And why wasn't it on the menu?! .

Weird...I got that pizza a two saturdays ago and they only asked about the olives. It was yummers!!! :D

Only warning I would give: Tell them to hold the onions unless you really love onions!!! Way overpowering for me as i only kinda like onions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

-lala- wrote: »
    Just went into Hell and got a Sinister Pizza, very very nice, had a kind of grey mushy thing which I assume was some kind of bean paste on it which held the ingredients together very well (unlike a normal pizza with no cheese where everything just falls straight off), I didn't like the pastey thing at first but it kind of grew on me. The base is delicious. It's a bit disappointing that they only have one vegan pizza when they have so many vegetarian ones (although the choice is a lot better than most restaurants!), but presumably the others can be asked for without cheese. I got snack size and it was very filling despite its smallness!

Of course you can ask for one of the vegetarian pizzas without cheese, and you can also create your own - "The Creator" - up to 8 toppings of your choice & no additional charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Wanted to stop back at this thread to say that we returned to Hell as we enjoyed so much the first time- this time was very disappointed- Pizza was very very greasy, kumara (sweet potato) chips were totally overcooked..such a pity as I was so delighted the first time. Will not be returning I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 laura27314

Oh no, there are such mixed reviews. I am so excited about getting me some vegan pizza!!! But eating out is so expensive, so I like to only go to places that have a good chance of being better than I can cook!

• Advertisement

Went on Friday and got the vegan one without jalapenos. Lovely service and nice and quiet (mind you, it was 10.45 pm). I was worried after hearing about accidental addition of meat here, but I was very clear - "that's the vegan pizza, right?". The refried beans (the brown mush as someone else mentioned) was very tastey on it. I will be going to get more!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice place, when closing up they let me eat away, didn't think of hurrying their customers and so on. Plus I got a cheapo pizza for 4.50, nice one. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

It's great they have a specific vegan pizza, good on them.

I would love to taste their veggie pizza's but unfortunately the website doesn't mention if they use vegetarian rennet in their vegetarian pizzas or if their starters or desserts are veggie. They have an ingredients page but it's blank.

I emailed them but they never replied so I will have to stick to Dominos, Pizzahut or Milano's for my veggie pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

WeyHey, you could always just try the Sinster (vegan) pizza.

I have to ask, where exactly is it? I know it's on Aungier St. but I went serching today and couldn't find it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Aoifums wrote: »
    WeyHey, you could always just try the Sinster (vegan) pizza.

I have to ask, where exactly is it? I know it's on Aungier St. but I went serching today and couldn't find it...

It's just past the DIT Aungier St. building on the same side of the road (if you're heading up towards Camden St.) It's a small black shopfront.

I liked this place too, very tasty and friendly staff but my word were the pizzas small! Didn't consider it good value tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

So is it past the street beside it?

It's on the way to the Whelan's venu, if that helps. Hadn't been to Whelan's before and just stumbled past Hell on the way there. You can't miss it :)http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/whelans_map.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 laura27314

Just visited again, this time I introduced my sister to the place. The last time I just got a snack size pizza (sinister/vegan) but this time I went for the large size; it was too much for me! I ended up giving up on the last slice and saving it for later :) My sister couldn't decide on toppings and she asked for extras and they added them at no extra charge. She couldn't finish her large size either; 3 slices and a box to bring it home sorted that. Another happy visit!

Anyone tried any of those strange dessert pizzas yet? I am curious how tasty you found them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Mmmmm! I headed in the last time I was in town to check it out. I was impressed. I originally thought the snack size pizza was a bit on the small side but it was fairly filling. Got the Limbo one and it was insanely tasty with the garlic, blue cheese and carmelised onions, really hot and fresh.

Goddammit now I've given myself a craving :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Just visited again, this time I introduced my sister to the place. The last time I just got a snack size pizza (sinister/vegan) but this time I went for the large size; it was too much for me! I ended up giving up on the last slice and saving it for later :) My sister couldn't decide on toppings and she asked for extras and they added them at no extra charge. She couldn't finish her large size either; 3 slices and a box to bring it home sorted that. Another happy visit!

Anyone tried any of those strange dessert pizzas yet? I am curious how tasty you found them :)

ha, every second weekend, i live on the large ones. average on about 2 slices per meal. gets me through the day, usually.

although im gonna have to request the weird dessert ones this weekend. im intrigued. but afraid... but intrigued...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

On the menu it says that you can get optional olives and when I orderd apparently I was asked if I wanted olives and bacon. I said yes thinking it was just olives (the music playing in the background doesn't help when trying to hear the waitress). So be very careful if you're ordering that pizza!

Cheers for the heads up. Hell is my local pizza joint and I'd have to say a "thumbs up" so far but that would defo curb my urge to go back, if it happened.

Not a coeliac either but pleased to see it as an option for the bases too.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Here we go..

missmatty wrote: »
    It's going to be on Aungier Street, a couple of doors up from Solas bar. It has a 'sold' sign on the building, one of those auctioneer signs, and on the sign it says 'Going to.....Hell!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

They've actually removed the optional bacon from that pizza (after I told them about it). I also got a voucher for a free meal so it's all good :)

Oh good! Knowing what you said, I very carefully made my order when I went in. When I asked to verify that it would have no meat on it, they said they have never made such a mix-up...

They've actually removed the optional bacon from that pizza (after I told them about it). I also got a voucher for a free meal so it's all good :)

Glad to hear it! I love when restaurants are nice and friendly and polite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah, me and my OH ordered delivery from them last week and they phoned back to say they'd be 10 minutes late but they'd still be hot as they were just going into the oven late. This was no problem for us at all, 10 minutes is nothing and sure they phoned us too to let us know. Anyway, when they arrived with our food (2 small veggie pizzas) we were given a voucher for 1 large pizza because they were late! I was very impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

They have a proper sign on the front now.

At first there was a terrible painted on sign that was silver on black and made the place very hard to spot. Should be easier to find now for those who haven't gone yet.

(I haven't gone yet. :()

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

I was looking through the menu today and I think I drooled a little....oh who am I trying to kid...I drooled ok!!! I drooled and wished I could have pizza now...damn it! I will definately check this place out! Hopefully in a week or three! I will get the Creator one I think...there are loads of good toppings to choose from! Either that or I'll try the vegan one...even though the idea of beans on a pizza sounds a bit odd to me...I will either love it or hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eviecus wrote: »
    I was looking through the menu today and I think I drooled a little....oh who am I trying to kid...I drooled ok!!! I drooled and wished I could have pizza now...damn it! I will definately check this place out! Hopefully in a week or three! I will get the Creator one I think...there are loads of good toppings to choose from! Either that or I'll try the vegan one...even though the idea of beans on a pizza sounds a bit odd to me...I will either love it or hate it!

Our forum here met up and went there to try the pizza, was great fun, maybe we will go again some day and you can tag along! I want to try refried beans on my pizza this time...

Advertisement