Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otaku Demands Right to Marry 2D Character

Options
  • 11-01-2009 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/29/otaku-demand-right-to-wed-2d-characters/

I have nothing to really say about this but this guy has absolutely lost it to even suggest something like this. I am at a loss of words. Though there was one commenter named Mem who made a nice comment....

"If it is a 2D woman with a 3D man, does that mean the baby will be 2.5 D ?"
    lol

But i mean their is a thick line between fantasy and reality.
    *shakes head in disappointment*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Old news, though I have to wonder what happens when 500 guys all want to marry Rei Ayanami or something. :p Would the creators be obligated to mention the marriage in their works?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

omgoose signed!¬!¬

marry me Haruhi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Wow. If that would pass and I still won't have my second half I would go to Japan and marry Saber-chan XD

About 500 guys wanting to marry the same 2D girl. My answer is: LAST MAN STANDING BATTLE ROYALE :D !!! Thats my one and only answer for such problem ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

dibs on haruhi suzumiya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Wow. If that would pass and I still won't have my second half I would go to Japan and marry Saber-chan XD

About 500 guys wanting to marry the same 2D girl. My answer is: LAST MAN STANDING BATTLE ROYALE :D !!! Thats my one and only answer for such problem ^^

I will win and then burn all footage of the prize.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

You know, if you consider the whole thing of alternate universes and the like, wouldn't the most logical solution just to be to find a girl who is the real life equivalent of that anime character?

It seems to me the reason some Weeaboos want to marry "2D" characters is because it's a cop out. They fall in love with fictional characters since they don't feel any effort to go any further.

You can't say they "don't exist"(though a lot of them aren't quite sane enough to admit this much) when you haven't even tried to look to see if there isn't a girl that's exactly like that anyway. There's billions of people in the world. I suppose most of them are amazingly boring, which is probably the reason there's so much of this escapism to begin with. But in a diverse world, there should be enough people for there to be a girl who looks and acts almost exactly like Haruhi or Shinku or Konata.

TL;DR, they should just go out and find a real life equivalent of that character since one logically should exist. IRL is strict on thing slike dress and hair colour tht define a lot of anime characters, but said Weeaboos should make a bit of noise about that, work to make real life more like fiction instead of making fiction their real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

monellia wrote: »
    dibs on haruhi suzumiya

Would you really get on with Haruhi? She'd be a nightmare.

I don't get the guys that swoon over Haruhi and Asuka. They'd be too mentally unstable for most guys to handle. If it was a psychologist or something i could understand the attraction.

Similarly the more passive moe~ anime characters like Asahina would probably become boring to most people. Asahina is barely a character in many ways, she's a parody of moeblob characters.

Would you really get on with Haruhi? She'd be a nightmare.

I don't get the guys that swoon over Haruhi and Asuka. They'd be too mentally unstable for most guys to handle. If it was a psychologist or something i could understand the attraction.
    And I thought the Heathcliff fangirls were bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

You know, if you consider the whole thing of alternate universes and the like, wouldn't the most logical solution just to be to find a girl who is the real life equivalent of that anime character?

It seems to me the reason some Weeaboos want to marry "2D" characters is because it's a cop out. They fall in love with fictional characters since they don't feel any effort to go any further.

You can't say they "don't exist"(though a lot of them aren't quite sane enough to admit this much) when you haven't even tried to look to see if there isn't a girl that's exactly like that anyway. There's billions of people in the world. I suppose most of them are amazingly boring, which is probably the reason there's so much of this escapism to begin with. But in a diverse world, there should be enough people for there to be a girl who looks and acts almost exactly like Haruhi or Shinku or Konata.

TL;DR, they should just go out and find a real life equivalent of that character since one logically should exist. IRL is strict on thing slike dress and hair colour tht define a lot of anime characters, but said Weeaboos should make a bit of noise about that, work to make real life more like fiction instead of making fiction their real life.
    Sadly, I think that in most cases men simply prefer the way anime/manga girls look as opposed to real girls and that's what they base their attraction on. But at least they mostly know their limits... These people who wish to marry anime characters are obviously deluded and their concept of love is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Konata.........purley to bum anime off. *cough cough*

• Advertisement

Idea of alternative universes is looooong, interesting, scientifically well builded (few theories, but some in a form of few hundreds of pages long books) and in fact... altought I love the whole idea and I believe in multi-layer-existance of universe (in which any possible thing happened but on a different layer... and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE in fact, but depending partially on other rules like "actual case laws of physics") I truthfully.... don't recommend drilling into this theme to much since I knew few people that end up only with headache after trying to.

After this little ... in fact I don't know how to call that what I've just written o_0...

Anyway: Somehow we end up in something called by sociologists "age of singles". Reasons may by... trully many. In fact one of the biggest and strangest mentioned is that: boys in our time are much more femine than in any time ever and girls are much, much more tomboyish than they were... globaly. But there are more reasons.

Somehow in such circumstances it became quite a problem. In this case such social groups like otaku (which I probably am... but not only XD) or game addict L337 players (which I unfortunately definitely am ... but I fight for years against that >_>) in some point figured out that relationship with fictional character is a really good placebo for their feelings and it's much easier than trying to have a girlfriend. Yet from what I hear and read: ALSO GIRLS HAVE SUCH PROBLEMS :D !! There are in fact many quite sickly obsessed otaku girls ^^ (even since many people don't realize that thing).

Problem is well builded and... worth mentioning. Yet I wrote to much already so I'm going to STFU for a while on this theme XD

monellia wrote: »
    Sadly, I think that in most cases men simply prefer the way anime/manga girls look as opposed to real girls and that's what they base their attraction on.
    They could always find someone into kigurumi :p

Prime32 wrote: »
    They could always find someone into kigurumi :p

Prime.... don't ask me why but for some reason I find them scary O_o...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Does he want to marry Mikuru from the future, or Mikuru from even further in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Mikuru from Krypton?

super_mikuru.jpg

Varkov wrote: »
    Mikuru from Krypton?

super_mikuru.jpg

Well... there are quite many of us here. Am I right Santa?
    animesanta.jpg
    -"Indeed"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Prime.... don't ask me why but for some reason I find them scary O_o...

Its the eyes!! THE EYES I TELL YA!

Advertisement