Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music Performance Course

• 11-01-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm hooping to get the music performance course in C.I.T next year, and was wonderin if anyone here was doing it and could give me any info on stuff like the orchestras, course breakdown, entrance test and possibly accomodation in the area?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Hey I'm hooping to get the music performance course in C.I.T next year, and was wonderin if anyone here was doing it and could give me any info on stuff like the orchestras, course breakdown, entrance test and possibly accomodation in the area?:)

Hi there, I'm only a first year in the music course but I'll help if i can!
    If you go to the cit.ie website, go to the music page and you'll find contact details of a lady who'll post a sample entrance exam to you for practise. The full entrance exam includes written (unprepared 300 word piece, backing chords/harmony writing, etc), listening tests, ear tests, sight singing, sight reading, and playing on your instrument.

I should point out that it's not exactly a performance course, "performance" involves electives to be chosen in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, but you have to do quite well in the 1st year practical exams to be allowed to take the performance modules. (other options include music education, music technology, conducting, history, etc). But everyone still has lessons and exams on their instrument every year even if they don't focus on the full performance degree.

There's plenty of accommodation but book soon. I suggest South Mall Court on Beasley street. (there's a website for it) it's only a 2 minute walk to college and is right by the shops too :)

feel free to message me for any more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

They wrote it a few days ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

oh whoops i glanced at the date they joined boards instead of post date! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

That's all great thanks! :D
    Yah gonna book my accommodation this week or next, was just waiting for any info. Sorta intimidating coming from Meath to a place I know no-one.
    Just two more things, sorry!
    Em what are the timetables roughly like? As in any chance of a Friday off or half days? lol
    And any info on the music groups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Generally everyone is out early friday, maybe 12/1. Rest of week could be out 5/6 most days depending on the course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement