Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain hosting-best value?Recommendations?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering who you would recommend for web hosting?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

I find Blacknight to be very competitive for domains. I don't use them for hosting but their prices seem very keen there as well. But the best thing I find about them is that they're amazingly helpful if you need their assistance and that counts for a lot with me!

I've used Register 365 (now owned by namesco) in the past, and they're ok to deal with, but price wise they seem to have gone up a lot in comparison to other providers.

For hosting, I run a few VPS servers in the US with a company called slicehost. Value for money wise they're great, and very helpful too. You do need good technical skills as they give you a Linux box with root access and you do what you like with it after that.

HTH,
    Adrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

+1 for Blacknight.

They are having a Jan sale on .ie domains at the moment, 19.95 +vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭elgransenor

keefg wrote: »
    +1 for Blacknight.

They are having a Jan sale on .ie domains at the moment, 19.95 +vat.

Thanks for the replies guys but I am only interested in hosting as I have my domains.

I currently host with a US company for $7.99 per month for one and was wondering can I do better than this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This prob should be in the web forum, hosting talk and chat isnt allowed though so dont be suprised if this thread gets locked later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

google apps may work for you and its free (depending on level of service you need)

godaddy.com is also good and very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 TexasDec

hostgator.com charge something like 7 or 8 dollars a month to host as many domains as you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 PmcG01

Heard good reviews about godaddy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Would recommend letshost.ie
    Always very quick to help and respond to queries.

I think its €4/month over 2years

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I got sorted so this thread can be closed from my point of view anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

who did you use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I got sorted so this thread can be closed from my point of view anyway.:)

Jesus, I hate it when people do this.
    Why not delete the thread altogether as you are now sorted?

s2_ep9_father_stack_200x150.jpg I had my fun ,and that's all that matters.

Help was given, so why not share the wealth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Blacknight is the best, I've used a couple of other companies but after finding blacknight their clearly the best. I've bought a couple of shared packages with them to test it a bit then bought an expensive (but worth it) VPS account. Very good.

amen wrote: »
    who did you use

Hi,
    I used iccmhosting.ie and am happy with them.

In fact one of the guys from there contacted me as a result of my post(R3al)

Good support etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 robot001

+1 for blacknight if you are looking for someone in ireland ( ie you can talk to them if there are problems, also really helpful with other questions)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

I use Elive www.elive.net - Irish company with great customer service and they really know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canada J Soup

I've helped a few friends set up websites for their businesses and have found Blacknight to be great if you want to register a .ie domain and set up hosting with the same people. They have a responsive and knowlegeable customer service team, which is always worth spending a little extra for.

If you're just looking for hosting or want to register a .com, US company Hostmonster have slightly cheaper rates and perhaps the best backend system for site development and web services I've seen. Very easy and intuitive to use even if you're new to that kind of thing.

Advertisement