Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need my immersion repaired

• 11-01-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know of anyone working in the south Dublin area that fixes immersions. The element no longer works on the 'bath' setting and I reckon the element just needs to be replaced.

I tried using the RECI website for a name but it was a waste of time.

I also saw the stick note about electricians in this forum but wonder if some electricians would not be bothered because it's a small job

So if anyone on here knows someone who does this kind of job and does it, I'd be much obliged if would share their details.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

with the recession on the way i reckon you should get someone handy enough. you could speed up the process by finding out what size the element is. im not a sparks but we do keep them in stock in our place and they come in 11'' 24'' 27'' and 36'' sizes.
    also it could be the rod stat which sits under the housing on the element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

the stat could be gone, and is an easy replacment. There are about €12 upwards i think from memory and anyone handy can replace same using caution like powering down the house @ the mains before fitting it etc.

If its the enire emmersion unit, then you're tank will need to be drained too.......buckets @ the ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Same stat is normally used for both Bath and Shower settings so I doubt if that's the problem.

Might be a faulty switch but the chances are its the immersion heater itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Get a plumber to drain the tank & change the element, most electricians won't touch it in case the tank cracks taking the element out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Justin_k

Cheers for all the info - sounds like I might end up ballsing it up myself and end up flooding the place so the plumber idea might be safest.

I have a reputation in my household for making a balls of jobs involving water and heating :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement