Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first 12 games

Options
  • 11-01-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

lifted from noodles on FTL
    The points totals for our 3 most recent managers in their first 12 games is :-

1. Martin Jol's opening 12 games yielded 20 pts
    2. Juande Ramos opening 12 games yielded 20 pts
    3. Harry Redknapp opening 12 games yielded 18 pts

Funny old game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

How many points did they earn in their last 12 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Worth pointing out what was missing for each manager though Pat.

Jol had Carrick, a fit King, Naybet for experience, Ziegler and Atouba who could play left midfield, strikers that worked ;), a large squad to choose from.

Ramos had Berbatov and Keane.

Harry has certainly had the worse base on which to build, a small unbalanced squad, a keeper finding his feet in the English game, our best defender out half of the time.

I'd also say the relative strength of the sides we're facing this season is much more than we faced over the last few seasons.

And as with always, I'm not sure what noodles is trying to get across with posting that info, I always thought Redknapp would be his man given Les' former source ;)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

funny auld game is right!

think the points made by reckless are definetly worth looking at. harry has had the weakest team of all managers in my opinion. the core of the side was stripped in the summer and had little or no playing time together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

the facts don't lie :D;)

Advertisement