Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTI Window Washer

Options
  • 11-01-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

For some reason the window washers on the car don't seem to be working properly. All window wipers work but no water comes out, this happens on both front and back windows.

I've checked all the fuses in the car on the offchance but all are fine.

How would I go about troubleshooting this? Could it be a problem with the water pump, how would I check?

Cheers
    Anonj

ps. its a 03 model

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Pat MaGroin

For some reason the window washers on the car don't seem to be working properly. All window wipers work but no water comes out, this happens on both front and back windows.

I've checked all the fuses in the car on the offchance but all are fine.

How would I go about troubleshooting this? Could it be a problem with the water pump, how would I check?

Cheers
    Anonj

ps. its a 03 model

If by water pump you mean the little one, usually on the resovoir, it may very well be. But if you can hear the noise of them working I doubt it. Did you check under the car or about it to see if there is water anywhere? It may be that one of the hoses has diconnected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes first check if the pumps working, then if it is try to see where they are blocked, it's unlikely both are blocked unless some dirty water was used so I'd say it's looking like the pump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You should be able to hear the pump running.

Did you ever use washing up liquid in the reservoir? This tends to block the pumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Nope, never used washing up liquid or any of that stuff in the reservoir, mechanic probably put some screen washer in during a service but thats about it.

Don't think I can hear the pump running so thats probably the problem, I'll try and get it out and have a look at it.

Cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I presume you've checked the windscreen washer reservoir has water in it? When was the last time you filled it?

• Advertisement

I presume you've checked the windscreen washer reservoir has water in it? When was the last time you filled it?

yeh mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Clean the nozzles with a syringe (opps) I mean't a sewing needle ahh still not helping ya here ;).

Hal1 wrote: »
    Clean the nozzles with a syringe (opps) I mean't a sewing needle ahh still not helping ya here ;).

Yeh, see I don't think its a problem with the nozzles, if it was then you might have the front one not working, or the back one not working, but for both of them to go at the same time its something else.

Advertisement