Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi closing date ?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Anyone know when zavvi are closing? particularly the one in the Marshes. I have my eye on a few boxsets but even with the current 10% further off they are still a bit pricey.
    Did I hear correct that HMV might be taking them over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I haven't heard when they are closing. But I agree with you that the boxsets are a bit pricey even with the discount. I was in there this morning and I didn't see many bargains.
    I hope the HMV do take it over because we need someone like them in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I thought it was just the UK branches that were closing. As far as I know Zavvi Ireland was unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

No, They are definatly closing. One of my mates works there and she said they havent got new stock in in over a month. Theyre just selling what they have and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's down to 30% at the minute!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Zavvi are going everywhere because "UK Entertainment" was their main suppliers of stock.
    As "UK Entertainment" collapsed beforehand (which subsequently caused the fall of Woolworths), others are falling like dropping domino's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Insurgent wrote: »
    It's down to 30% at the minute!

Maybe they'll be nearer the Newry prices now. Though in saying that the last time I was down, HMV in the Quays is cheaper than Zavvy in the Buttercrane even with the reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭gipi

Was in Zaavi in Newry yesterday, the shop is half-empty and there's 20% off all CD, DVD and blu-ray, even the stuff already marked down.

Prices are all over the place though, I picked up a box-set of "Brideshead Revisited" (TV series from 1981), it was reduced to £35, one beside it (same contents, slightly different packaging) was reduced to £15! Saw the same movie DVD selling for £3.99 and £5.99. I know this often happened there (and in HMV), but it seems to be more obvious now with the reducing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Apparently they are closing at the end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

I just heard on the 9pm news that hmv have bought the Dundalk store(and 4 others) and that all staff are transferring to hmv!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

better buy quick this from rte.ie
    The stores are part of a deal to sell 14 stores, including nine in the UK, to HMV. The 110 workers at the stores in Dundalk, Dundrum, Liffey Valley, Limerick and Newbridge will transfer to HMV immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

50% off tomorrow too I think!

Advertisement