Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dana White's UFC 93 Video Blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Not really a great start to UFC 93 blog and kind of what I suspected. Franklin and Henderson may be a decent enough fight but already everyone is focused on GSP Vs Penn which is a little insulting really. don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to that fight too.

They seem to be pumping out UFC every couple of months now and the last couple seem to be a little unbalanced. 3 big fights at the end of the year 'squeeze in' a so-so card for the Irish and while still coounting down to 17th start focusing on UFC 94!!

I'm going to UFC 93 by the way and can't wait should be good fun. Looking forward to Tom Egan. don't know much about him and hope he'll do us proud. I hear he got a 4 fight contract so must have talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its hardly surprising, european fights aren't PPV in the states. So they don't make as much money on them. So they don't want to "waste" any big ratings pullers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Mellor wrote: »
    Its hardly surprising, european fights aren't PPV in the states. So they don't make as much money on them. So they don't want to "waste" any big ratings pullers
    Ufc 93 is ppv in the states, as was 72 in Belfast.. I think its a very decent card personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The video just had him running around New York like a child in a taxi and it had more on the upcoming TUF and UFC 94 than UFC 93, personally I thought it was brutal as it did not relate to UFC 93 in any way.

Ufc 93 is ppv in the states, as was 72 in Belfast.. I think its a very decent card personally.
    Reallly, i was told it wasn't going to be as its on during the day??

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Reallly, i was told it wasn't going to be as its on during the day??
    watch the blog..dana says its going to be on ppv...

Oh I believe you (blog won't open), it just made sense when I heard it.
    What time does it air in the states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

3pm Eastern Time with a repeat later in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Anyone notice the shirt Dana was wearing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

card is NOT great, but is far from being weak and to me one of the best outside of vegas so far for sure.

anyone else just see keith jardine vs evans on setanta just now? love that they show the old ultimate fighter stuff .

Dana looks intoxicated and tired in that vid :D

• Advertisement

part 2 added folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

DUBLIN AIRPORT~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Dana really needs to get someone to edit his vlogs. Did I really just watch people play guitar hero for 5 minutes. Interesting Dana asking Franklin and Hendo about their weight. Hendo is walkng around at just under 205, while franklin is probablly a bit heavier.

Check out the previews on youtube for UFC 93, at the 8:30 mark, Franklin makes some very funny deadpan humor remarks about what Hendo was saying. Hence Dana talking to Hendo about ****talking in the vlog

dunkamania wrote: »
    Dana really needs to get someone to edit his vlogs. Did I really just watch people play guitar hero for 5 minutes. Interesting Dana asking Franklin and Hendo about their weight. Hendo is walkng around at just under 205, while franklin is probablly a bit heavier.

Check out the previews on youtube for UFC 93, at the 8:30 mark, Franklin makes some very funny deadpan humor remarks about what Hendo was saying. Hence Dana talking to Hendo about ****talking in the vlog

It is meant to be raw footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

rovert wrote: »
    It is meant to be raw footage.

I understand, and most of its good, but 5 min of guitar hero........

Raw and tedious are not mutually exclusive

lol at dana and his bench..didnt think that mans ego could get any bigger..

anyone know which hotel there staying at?

lol at dana and his bench..didnt think that mans ego could get any bigger..

anyone know which hotel there staying at?

I do but Im not sure if I can post it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

I do but Im not sure if I can post it on here.

Incase we all rush the building? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

New Blog up..... Click

Edit: Special appearance by Barry McGuigan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

New entry up here.
    Nothing but Dana in the gym with the bonus of him refering to Ireland as England :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is excellent stuff.

:P

Mairt wrote: »
    This is excellent stuff.

I was just about to post it. Alastair Overeem would really improve the UFC's HW division, he could get the belt.

Mairt wrote: »
    This is excellent stuff.

Damn it i didnt know overeem was in dublin :mad:

And overmeen in the UFC with him looking the biggest he's ever been , i would fancy him to KO a few of the current top HW's.
    I can dream this is a deal thats being worked on :D

I was just about to post it. Alastair Overeem would really improve the UFC's HW division, he could get the belt.

Unless he is just another Pride bust ;)

Unless he is just another Pride bust ;)

Like Nogeira, the former interim champion, like Sherk, former LW champ, like Anderson Silva, current MW champ and like Rampage former LHW champ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Would be great to see him there alright, though it makes the prospect of his grudge match with CroCop pretty unlikely now. He looked huge alright, (even from the cheap seats :D) I'd like to see himself and Kongo go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Thought it was good that dana acknowledged the fact that it was the best atmosphere a UFC fight card has ever had!!

Overeem would beat probly any heavyweigt in the ufc!!

I agree wit McDurden him and Kongo would be an absolte war!!

• Advertisement

Would be great to see him there alright, though it makes the prospect of his grudge match with CroCop pretty unlikely now. He looked huge alright, (even from the cheap seats :D) I'd like to see himself and Kongo go at it.
    The cro cop rematch would be a waste of time anyway even without the kicks / knees to the balls last time overeem dominated and would again i think, they fought on the same card NYE in japan. Although to me even though overeem vs a few ufc HW's would be cracking he just dont fit , just like the idea of fedor whoopin ass in UFC sounds great, I like the fact he isnt in it to be honest.

Advertisement