Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type in the points you want ?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Need about 460/470, want anything above 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

My number one course is 450, aiming for about 520ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Fair play to your friend , the reality is that a large proportion of aspiring medical students have little intrest in helping people and are doing it solely to get some letters after their name and a six figure salary.

Generalise much?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I'll take it that your a med student then!Seriously though do you find that many people in your class are doing it solely for this reason.( im doing the leaving and i know one guy thinking of putting med down just becuse of the career prospects and prestige)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I'll take it that your a med student then!Seriously though do you find that many people in your class are doing it solely for this reason.( im doing the leaving and i know one guy thinking of putting med down just becuse of the career prospects and prestige)

I honestly havent met one person in my class like that.
    I think career prospects are just as valid a reason to pursue a career in medicine as any other. Its the reason I chose medicine over theoretical physics.
    Im not sure what your mate is waffling on about there with prestige. Its just a job like any other.

• Advertisement

Ah come on if prestige wasn't a factor then the points wouldn't be as high and there wouldn't be as many applicants. Also that lad (not really my mate he doesn't have any of them) isn't exactlty the most empathetic person and said that he wanted a summer job with "not much interaction with people"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Yes, and I'm sure you're well in touch with your average med student............

Would you like him to be your Doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

So long as he could treat me medically as any doctor would i wouldn't really care to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

370 I mean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Here I was hoping that the TC had some magical device where I could type any points I wanted. :(

I would love anything 500+
    But, at this rate, I'll be lucky to get 420+

Need to put in a lot of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

i need 300 for Enterprise Computing in DCU but i'd like to get 400+ for pride! I need to start working more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

355 for Venture management maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I would be absolutely over the moon to get 500 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

seems to me that 500 points is the "perfect size ten" for a huge proportion of people..... yikes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Meh. 530 ish to be sure of first choice or incase i want to switch courses later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

440 journilism dit

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Course cut off this year was 380, mid was 420, I aim for 430-450.
    I'd be pretty happy with anything over 400 ish?
    Very managable with a bit of work :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

don't need that much but i'd hate to work so hard for lesser points and to come out with so much lower points than my friends.... a few of them are aiming for 600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

600 plz

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I need 480 for my course (even though it's Arts :(), and I'm aiming for somewhere over 500. I'd love somewhere in the region of 525... Sure we'll see how I get on in the mocks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

New course this year so no idea of points, if i get 500 I'll be happy. really want to hit the 500 mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sammiie

:pac:aiming at about 350

Advertisement