Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats my squeak (01 almera)

Options
  • 11-01-2009 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hey, I have an 01 almera, about 50k on the clock, Ive started to notice a squeak comming from the front nearside both at tick over and while driving, I can hear it up to about 20mph but then the wind just gets to loud, the car is running fine, just worried that this could be the start of something, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It could be ...and then again it mightn't :D

Squeaks are notoriosly difficult to diagnose or even to locate. What you think comes from the front axle your passenger says he hears coming from the rear and so forth.

Could be anything from bushings on the axle to interior trim.

Try and narrow it down a bit over the next days.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

If its there at tickover, its more than likely a worn drive belt.Have you had the timing belt changed recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Doh, just remembered 01 Almera are chain jobby

Advertisement