Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Haunted Live?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I was trying to watch that Most Haunted Live program last night, they are doing this 7nights live in a building in Liverpool to find a demon or something, and I just couldn't watch it. I can't believe people actually go to those things and take them seriously, do they actually believe that a ghost is present? The makers of that show must be laughing all the way to the bank at the stupidity of some people. I believe in ghosts, but I don't believe one is going to appear to a room full of people and a television camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Yeah I know what you mean. I used to enjoy Most Haunted when it first came out but it;s just awful now.

Most of the original crew left because they weren't happy with all the fakery and theatrics becoming more and more common.

As Richard Felix put it, it was turning into a live version of "Scooby Doo".

Even the producers now say that they don't claim to show any factual or spiritual activity, they are just producing an "entertainment" show and it should only be viewed as such.

I got really fed up with all the screaming on camera just for them to use in the edits for the adverts for the show.

As for Yvette & that new historian woman.......I wouldn't believe either of them if they told me the time.

But I suppose they are just a production company and it's there job to make money which they do quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

yeh crap it does my head in watching it ! give me Ghosthunters/international at least they try to debunk stuff ! the scubby doo effect is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

i used to enjoy watching it, but haven't watch the series in ages.

said i wud give it a go tonight, and its just tripe. Not only is Paul Ross the most annoying presenter, but out of the 3 hours they are live, you get to see about 50 minutes outside the studio.

IMO, can't beleive they got 7 nights of this ****e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

lasted ten minutes tonight god almighty it gets worse every time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

How are they getting away with this cr*p!!!!!

• Advertisement

holly1 wrote: »
    How are they getting away with this cr*p!!!!!

Its the power of editing . Its all about TV ratings too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Oh dear God I watched 5 minutes of it last night but managed to catch the bit where Carl was tied to a chair, couldn't breathe and passed out but by the time the ad break was over (what's that 3 minutes) he was up and about again, talking completely calmly and normally. Roighttt:rolleyes:

littlebug wrote: »
    Oh dear God I watched 5 minutes of it last night but managed to catch the bit where Carl was tied to a chair, couldn't breathe and passed out but by the time the ad break was over (what's that 3 minutes) he was up and about again, talking completely calmly and normally. Roighttt:rolleyes:

If you notice its the same people things happen to. Ciaran who is the skeptic never has anything happen to him .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

wait... what this is the best show ever, it puts me to sleep in 5 mins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

littlebug wrote: »

that was hilarious he was talking one minute on the radio and next he drops it and collapes hahaha so fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

It was almost as funny when the lights went on and they all started running around, then that cat one was just there standing right beside the light switch like a guilty child saying that she didn't turn them on.
    Bet tonight the usual stones being thrown off camera trick will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

And there was one on a while ago where they were down in some kind of tunnel thing and one of the blokes in the crew collapsed, and the blonde women, Yvette I think, flippantly said "Should we get a medic?"-eh of course you should get a fu<king medic, any normal person would-unless you know there is nothing really wrong with them. In that case you would leave them be, which is exactly what she did. Utter sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah i hate the show now haven't believed it and ever since they exposed Derek Acorah(Whatever his name is) as a fraud i just cringe when i see them all trying to ghosts, Yvette annoys the hell out of me, she acts as if she's not scared yet everytime something happens she screams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

she nearly shat her pants in the coffin last nite "i wanna get ouuuutttt, karl I said I wannaaaaa gettttttttt outt now"and that ejjit karl then "ok sweethart I am a coming for you,oh wait im still stuck in this box,what **** idea" ahahaha bunch of toe rags and dont even get me started on that medium dude :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I love the medium fella, he reminds me of a weird psychic david brent.I love the way he takes sooooo long in making up stories about the supposed ghosts he's communicating with, and how he keeps interupting people by jumping as if he just saw something or when he keeps talking to evette and its quiet obvious she can't stand him and is only tolerating him like an annoying child.
    As well is it just me or does the interactive host julian clegg bear a striking resemblence to batboy.
    julian_203_203x152.jpg
    batboy.gif

I thought the medium they had on sunday seemed way more geniune that other fellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

As well is it just me or does the interactive host julian clegg bear a striking resemblence to batboy.
    julian_203_203x152.jpg
    batboy.gif
    [/QUOTE]

Ba hahahaha, he's the image alright, should have got those ears pinned a long time ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Who was that Jake guy they kept going on about it??

I watched a bit mainly because I pay Sky a load of money to watch complete trip o 99% of the channels.

For me and anyone else with young kids the highlight had to have been them showing the texts coming in and someone writing in that Jake was gonna bring his friends Bella, Fizz & Milo along. For anyone who wants to see a picture of Jake and co, click on the Most Haunted Exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

julian_203_203x152.jpg
    batboy.gif

Ba hahahaha, he's the image alright, should have got those ears pinned a long time ago![/QUOTE]
    LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Well I dont believe in this but it is funny to watch. I do believe that if there were such things as spirits/ghosts, they would be there no matter if the light was on or off. Another thing is say what if there was such a thing as a spirit, then how come it communicates in English? What if they were of say spanish origin and spoke no English when alive! And what if say it was a small child? As you know children often dont understand what we mean or say, what if then? How is a spirit child suppose to understand? What if the person who died was deaf or blind or couldnt walk? How could a spirit comprehend? Is the spirit some sort of floating intelligent brain?

I think it funny when he says 'Knock if you are there'! People do play on fears and that is how this programme works. It is intended to make you jump or get scared. The only fear we have is not of the dead, it is of the living. The dead cant harm us in any way shape or form.

• Advertisement

merlie wrote: »
    Well I dont believe in this but it is funny to watch. I do believe that if there were such things as spirits/ghosts, they would be there no matter if the light was on or off. Another thing is say what if there was such a thing as a spirit, then how come it communicates in English? What if they were of say spanish origin and spoke no English when alive! And what if say it was a small child? As you know children often dont understand what we mean or say, what if then? How is a spirit child suppose to understand? What if the person who died was deaf or blind or couldnt walk? How could a spirit comprehend? Is the spirit some sort of floating intelligent brain?

I think it funny when he says 'Knock if you are there'! People do play on fears and that is how this programme works. It is intended to make you jump or get scared. The only fear we have is not of the dead, it is of the living. The dead cant harm us in any way shape or form.

Please change the colour of your font !!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Please change the colour of your font !!

Sorry about that. The skin of the forum was in black but I since changed it and it does appear quite razzy!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MH gets mentioned here a lot, and mainly the comments are along the lines of: its a pile of poop. So why oh why is it still shown? And the live events keep getting more extended. Seven nights! I usually have living on favourites, but I didnt go near it for the week cos that crap was on. :) Who is watching it and loving it?, cos a huge group of people must be for it still to be doing these elaborate live events.

Its fake, hoaxed, cheap and stupid television. Carl and Yvette, get proper jobs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Oryx wrote: »
    Carl and Yvette, get proper jobs!!

To be fair, Carl & Yvette are TV producers (not ghosthunters) and they have devised a very popular format which makes a lot of money for them - so this is their "proper job".

But yes, you're right......it is poo:D

Advertisement