Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800gtx+ issue

Options
  • 11-01-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi guys.

Not too sure if this is the right spot to be posting this in. If it isn't, apologies in advance.

Anyways to the problem. I've been having a problem recently while playing games where after a some time (could be 2mins, could be an half an hour) ,the graphics card stops sending a signal to the monitor and the in game audio loops. I can't get back to the desktop or anything and have to power off my machine.

The card I have is part of a new build that I put together about 2 weeks ago. It seems like a strange problem to have cause it wasn't happening at first. The first time it happened, I was playing Crysis and didn't think much of it. Then it happened again while playing Fallout a few days laters and since then I can't go much more than half an hour of gameplay without it happening.

I've tried a number of things to try and solve the issue. I tried updating the drivers using driver cleaner pro in safe mode and all that jazz. Tried switching PhysX on and off. I also tried playing games in windowed mode.

I should also point out that card's temperature is 40 when idle and doesn't seem to go much over 55 while playing games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What are the rest of your specs and most importantly, power supply? Is sounds like the driver just stops, but if you've tried new ones....

Advertisement