Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor Radius HD Series

• 11-01-2009 4:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got them? Is there much in it between the 45's and the 90's (apart from the price)?

Looking at doing 5.1 (maybe 7.1 in the future) with an Onkyo or Denon amp. Decent sized room, screen will be 1080p projector.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Rew wrote: »
    Anyone got them? Is there much in it between the 45's and the 90's (apart from the price)?

Had a quick look and from here, I gather that the 45 is the surround speaker and the 90 is the main speaker.

The monitor audio site confirms this in relation to the 45.

They look pretty good IMO, and solidly built. Is there somewhere that does a home cinema pack (fronts, surrounds and sub)? or are you looking at building the system yourself?

they are 8ohm and low wattage so should be easy to drive from any amp.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Had a god look at their site alright and did alot of reading. Im building it up through Richer Sounds. The 90's and 45's come in sets of 2. They have suggested the 180 in the centre, 45's as satellites and the 360 Sub. The 180 and sub are grand but alot of people have gone 90's for the surround. I was thinking os possibly 90's for the front and 45's in the back or just 90's all round.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Rew wrote: »
    Had a god look at their site alright and did alot of reading. Im building it up through Richer Sounds. The 90's and 45's come in sets of 2. They have suggested the 180 in the centre, 45's as satellites and the 360 Sub. The 180 and sub are grand but alot of people have gone 90's for the surround. I was thinking os possibly 90's for the front and 45's in the back or just 90's all round.

If you can stretch to it the 90's are way better - they are real speakers! - I actually use them at home myself without a sub and all the Radius kit does look great as well!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah Paul suggested them in store yesterday (think he was talking to you about it). Reading up on them im very impressed they sound great (pardon the pun). Handn't seen them before he mentioned them. They only real review (what hi fi) talks about the 90's. Have to put an email together for you/paul so might get you to tellm me what the damage would be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

If your budget can stretch to it, I'd go for 90's for surrounds. They are slightly bigger than the 45's so space in the "correct" surround positions may have to overcome more in relation to WAF.

I mean, if you are putting them on stalks to the left and right of your couch, they will be more noticeable than the 45's which are basically cubes.

The bigger the fronts you can get the better because that is where most of the sound comes from anyway. The 90's will be decent in this regard, in which case, the 90's for surround will be more for matching the look of the system than anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement