Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Gaza anti-war protest..

• 11-01-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I put these into the random pix thread, but I thought I'd be best putting them up into a new thread as there's a few, and probably a few more to follow.

DublinGazaprotest09a.jpg

DublinGazaprotest09j.jpg

DublinGazaprotest09b.jpg

DublinGazaprotest09d.jpg

DublinGazaprotest09.jpg

Although not a C&C thread any comments (mostly on composure pls) good or bed would be welcomed all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Storm 10

With respect this forum is about photography. not getting involved in any anti-war protests no matter whose side you are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

He was taking photos, how do you know he was getting involved?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just trying to up load for first time from disc so don't go mental. I had my Canon A1 with 50mm on. I had a guitar and other equipment with me so couldn't get right in on the subject matter as I would have liked. I forgot rule number 1: travel light.

On a by the by I've read a few of Mairts post on the matter and it's surprising he got out alive!
    His photos like mine are politically impartial. It doesn't always have to be macro shots of water droplets. Photography is a good recorder of events.

F1000013.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

It might be my screen but is there a slight glare on the shots..Makes them bright to me..
    Overall, a nice set, thanks for posting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Storm 10 wrote: »
    With respect this forum is about photography. not getting involved in any anti-war protests no matter whose side you are on.

I took photos at a protest march, nothing else.

I could have decided to focus my attention on other things in the crowd but I've never taken street photos before (most photos of mine you'll find here are Martial Arts competitions).

I was appauled at the protest using children to carry the dolls in the photos and that's what focused my attention so I concentrated on that, and anyway thats not something I want to develop unpon here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement