Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Router

Options
  • 11-01-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy one. Which do you guys recommend? Preferably choose from Amazon please ;) Also, can any router connect to my broadband that I'm using? And also :p Can I use two routers ? One for my PS3 and one for my general internet connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Don't think amazon will deliver routers to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Any router with Ethernet will do I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Firstly you cany use two routers on the same line.
    Secondly if you already have broadband you have a router.
    If this is wireless then thats all u need.
    If you dont have a wireless router there are loads to choose from e.g. belkin,netgear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah just get a wireless router and you'll be grand. Just make sure to secure it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

moved from PlayStation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If you have cable and then as said any ethernet-ported router should do, BUT if you use DSL you will need a DSL enabled model, or have a separate modem. For a home connection you do not need or want 2 routers, one router connected to your ISP and your local network and then if you need more connections add a switch to the local segment.

Advertisement