Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have just bought a D40 Nikon.....

• 11-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35

........love the photos here and admired a lot. I had a film Nikon for years which I enjoyed and a point and shoot digital which, while great, did not get me the shots I really wanted. I have used the new Nikon a few times today and am totally gobsmacked by the results.

So, I have the camera, I have the time....... can I move off from photos of my cat and my daughter? Any suggestions for a newbie? My daughter has swimming early on a Saturday and it is close to the canal, at 07.30, the light is often stunning, near Merrion strand on work days and on Sundays, again early am close to the Martello Tower near Sandymount.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Congrats (Nikon are the best ;))
    Sounds like you've easy access to some good locations so get clicking and post them up here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Welcome,
    Had a D40 that I kicked off with myself and Loved it.

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

i'ld like to see your cat...! XD

And congrats on your new camera! I should be getting my new EOS 1000D in a few days so i can finally post something up here!

Advertisement