Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of Help needed

• 11-01-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So it's that time of the year again and Shels pre-season friendlies start on the 6th Feb with a trip to the Brandywell. Was thinking the 15.45 bus from Dublin to Derry, arrives Foyle Rd and then taxi to the Brandywell, think I'd make it for 8.00pm? Or would I have to go for the 13.45?

Also looking for the cheapest place to stay which is between the Brandywell and the Bus Station, as on the 7th Feb we're playing in Letterkenny.

Cheers in advance.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Cutting it a bit fine with the 15.45. Worst case scenario and it's on time (well, according to the timetable :rolleyes:) you'd be in Foyle Street at 19.45. On a Friday evening....cabs might be thin on the ground, despite the huuuuge queue that's usually outside the station.

If you have to be there by 8pm on the nose I'd go for the earlier one.

As for somewhere to stay....how cheap is cheap? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Sorry to hijack but Gav won't mind... Airport to Brandywell, the distance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ellscurr wrote: »
    Cutting it a bit fine with the 15.45. Worst case scenario and it's on time (well, according to the timetable :rolleyes:) you'd be in Foyle Street at 19.45. On a Friday evening....cabs might be thin on the ground, despite the huuuuge queue that's usually outside the station.

If you have to be there by 8pm on the nose I'd go for the earlier one.

As for somewhere to stay....how cheap is cheap? :D

Cheers, well as per hunter164 post above we're thinking about flying it, how much would a taxi be? Looks like a fair oul streak looking at google maps.

Ye cheap as cheap can be.:D

Taxis are cheap enough in Derry but I haven't done the airport-town route in ages. The last time I got to Foyle Street for £10 so you could probably double that I would think, at least. It isn't actually that far, the map makes it look worse than it is!

On the accom. front - single or twin rooms? Just how friendly are you? :eek: If you're willing to bunk up the options might be slightly better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try calling the airport regarding the taxi fares. I was there last week and there was a price list on the wall with the fares to a load of destinations.

If you want cheap accommodation, try the Travelodge.

• Advertisement

On the accom. front - single or twin rooms? Just how friendly are you? :eek: If you're willing to bunk up the options might be slightly better :D

:pac: Well there's going to be a few of us.

We're thinking of possibly staying in Letterkenny now.:rolleyes:

Where's the cheapest accom. between the Brandywell and the bus station?

:pac: Well there's going to be a few of us.

We're thinking of possibly staying in Letterkenny now.:rolleyes:

Where's the cheapest accom. between the Brandywell and the bus station?
    I can't think of any accommodation between the Brandywell and the bus station. The Travelodge and the City Hotel are only about a two minute (maximum) walk from the bus station.

Derry City Independent Hostel?

There's two of us planning of going for a stroll on Saturday morning before heading off to Letterkenny to have a look at the murials.

Derry City Independent Hostel?
    You'd be walking past the Travelodge to get to it. :D

smashey wrote: »
    You'd be walking past the Travelodge to get to it. :D

But it is savage cheap. And apparently a good laugh lol.

• Advertisement

But it is savage cheap. And apparently a good laugh lol.

Travelodge or Derry City Independent Hostel?

Travelodge is probably slightly better but it is over one of the busier pubs in town so don't be expecting too much sleep on a weekend night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't think must sleep will be happening tbh:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

My mate's coming up for that game. Got a flight from Dublin to Derry with Aer Arann for €25. Might be of some use to you(cannot believe a I paid €38 for a SINGLE to Belfast on the train yesterday!)

My mate's coming up for that game. Got a flight from Dublin to Derry with Aer Arann for €25. Might be of some use to you(cannot believe a I paid €38 for a SINGLE to Belfast on the train yesterday!)

€25:eek: Well they're €41 now, so Bus Eireann it is.:pac:

So next on the list; a cheap offo somewhere between the Brandywell and the Travelodge? Yes we've decided to go with the traveldge.:D

€25:eek: Well they're €41 now, so Bus Eireann it is.:pac:

So next on the list; a cheap offo somewhere between the Brandywell and the Travelodge? Yes we've decided to go with the traveldge.:D
    Plenty of offos around with one in SuperValu nearby. Also, you might not need the offo as the Travelodge is next door to The Ice Wharf which is a Wetherspoon's pub. ;)

Lovely.

Next on the list, PS3 games? SuperValu be my best guess?

Not too sure about SuperValu for that but there are a few places in The Richmond Centre and Foyleside that sell them. Also, there is a new second hand shop on Ferryquay Street with a very good selection.All those places are within walking distance.

Cheers. Any chance of a weather report on Thursday night?:D

Cheers. Any chance of a weather report on Thursday night?:D

Aye, cold and wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Lovely.

Next on the list, PS3 games? SuperValu be my best guess?

Have a look around before buying - there is Gamestop / Argos in Foyleside Or HMV / Game in the Richmond Centre. Also there is Smyths out towards the University or Tesco before coming into Derry from the Dungiven/Strabane, and Tesco is also in the Quayside near the Cinema <but not a good selection>.
    :)

forgot about PCworld, Currys and Toyrus out beside the Crescent Link.

smashey wrote: »
    Aye, cold and wet.

:D
    Have a look around before buying - there is Gamestop / Argos in Foyleside Or HMV / Game in the Richmond Centre. Also there is Smyths out towards the University or Tesco before coming into Derry from the Dungiven/Strabane, and Tesco is also in the Quayside near the Cinema <but not a good selection>.
    :)

forgot about PCworld, Currys and Toyrus out beside the Crescent Link.

Aw jebus, won't have time to look around tbh so I'll most likely buying it where ever I see it first, although if any of you's are in Derry city before Thursday night and you happen to see NFL 09 and you could post on here, that would be great.:D

Match just called off.:(

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Jesus after all that :D

Well sure you have the info for the next time

Advertisement