Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Benefit

• 11-01-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello, I'm hoping someone may be able to help with a query I have on Child Benefit / Children's Allowance. I have read alot of the postings but have one question that is not available on the welfare site.

I'm an EU citizen, working and living in ireland for the past 6 years. I heard recently that the I claim child benefit for my son who does not live in ireland but does live in the EU. I never looked into this as I was'nt really aware of the state befenits. I'm currently filing out the applications forms for the child benefit allowance but as I've only found this out recently, can anyone tell me if I can only claim going forward or can I claim for the previous years while I worked and lived in Ireland ?

Thank you for all your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Was the child born in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 euGril

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I'm an EU citizen so the child was not born in Ireland but resides in an EU country.

Advertisement