Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice - Punto, to mod or not to mod?

Options
  • 11-01-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a 1996, blue, 1 (or 1.1) litre FIAT Punto.

Now, I ain't insured on it yet and I was wondering, should I mod this car? and if so, any relatively cheap decent mods to be done to it?

-or-

Leave the Punto the way it is and save up for a better car?

Cheers,
    Anto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I wouldn't go near the car in terms of modifying.

If you do you'll find it hard(if not impossible) to sell it on.
    These kind of cars aren't expected to be modified and if they are it actually reduces how much they're worth.

Get up a years ncb, save up some money and get yourself something else if you really do want to modify. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Not worth it.

Cheap and mods dont go together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Grand job

Cheers for the adivce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

puntos waste of time modifyien i bout a modded one luked savage but to many tings go wrong with them specially that model how ever if u want a set of cheap lexus lights i have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Right so, I'll just keep that car the way it is

Any suggestions as to what car I should buy then? It'd probably be after the summer and I'd have c3000 I'd imagine

Nice One

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ill probably be sellin my 106gti by that time if youre interested...will get some pics up when i get around to washing it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi all,

Have a 1996, blue, 1 (or 1.1) litre FIAT Punto.

Now, I ain't insured on it yet and I was wondering, should I mod this car? and if so, any relatively cheap decent mods to be done to it?

-or-

Leave the Punto the way it is and save up for a better car?

Cheers,
    Anto

leave it, save your money and just build up your ncb so you can insure yourself in a proper car.
    mossy619 wrote: »
    puntos waste of time modifyien i bout a modded one luked savage but to many tings go wrong with them specially that model how ever if u want a set of cheap lexus lights i have them

please try to keep the text speak to text messages, it makes posts really hard to read and it's frowned upon on boards ;)
    ClioV6 wrote: »
    Ill probably be sellin my 106gti by that time if youre interested...will get some pics up when i get around to washing it

106 gti would be a very nice little car to progress to
    other ideas would be:

Honda civic lsi/vti
    Glanza S (Non Turbo)
    Saxo VTS/VTR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

whys that can people not tell wat that U means YOU or that BOUT is the same as bought....and also do ye say the same ting to people who might be a little bit dyslexic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

whys that can people not tell wat that U means YOU or that BOUT is the same as bought....and also do ye say the same ting to people who might be a little bit dyslexic

Just giving you a heads up that text speak is frowned upon on boards and is in the charter as being so, a dyslexic person spells words wrong, they dont write in text speak

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dyslexic people use spell checkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

lol how does BOUT mean bought?? Do u pronounce ABOUT like ABOUGHT? lol :L

Advertisement