Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Geography: Leaving Cert/Evaluation

Options
  • 11-01-2009 6:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Evening folks,

Friend of mine is doing a Leaving Cert Geog project. She has a slight problem as she is unsure where to locate the Evaluation and Conclusion in her report. Her Geography teacher says it should be Conclusion then Evaluation which I agree with but her history teacher said its the opposite.

Any ideas on the proper way?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wouldn't the History teacher be talking about evaluating the sources used (which I would imagine is done before making conclusions) while the Geography teacher is talking about evaluating the methods etc. used in the field study (following conclusions)?

Different disciplines.

Sully wrote: »
    Evening folks,

Friend of mine is doing a Leaving Cert Geog project. She has a slight problem as she is unsure where to locate the Evaluation and Conclusion in her report. Her Geography teacher says it should be Conclusion then Evaluation which I agree with but her history teacher said its the opposite.

Any ideas on the proper way?

I have mine done with the Conclusion second last, and Evaluation last. That makes logical sense as the Conclusion has to link with the previous section, and the Evaluation is completely unrelated.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just to clarify - said History teacher is also a Geography teacher and is teaching that practise for both History and Geography. The other Geog teacher disagrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

The way I did mine was conclusion then evaluation. With the conclusion you are saying why the results you got are they way they are. In evaluation you are discussing the project stuff like what could have been done better, what you thought was good about it, etc.

Sully wrote: »
    Just to clarify - said History teacher is also a Geography teacher and is teaching that practise for both History and Geography. The other Geog teacher disagrees.

I think she might be confusing herself.

I'm looking at the booklet now, and in the index at the front, it says "Results, Conclusions and Evaluation". If that's the order it says you can't go too wrong by following it. And anyway, I'm repeating my Leaving now, and last year I did it in that order and got nearly full marks for the report, so it can't have been too wrong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement