Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer for thanking a post

Options
  • 11-01-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I think this banning is harsh. Can it be reviewed?

Dub13 wrote:
    You thanked this post...by NTLbell
    get f*cking in there take it f*cking out c*nts

Killme00 wrote:
    Please explain in plain terms exactly what you are on about
    Dub13 wrote:
    You Misused the tagging system by thanking a post that was clearly in breach of the forum charter.

Dub13

Killme00 wrote:
    WTF is this about?
    Dub13 wrote:
    Dear Killme00,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Misuse of tagging system

One Week Ban

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Killme00 wrote: »
    I think this banning is harsh. Can it be reviewed?

The Mod has explained why you were banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Beruthiel wrote: »
    The Mod has explained why you were banned.

I think this is ridiculously harsh. I am not asking for an explanation as i already have one, but a review of this banning. I simply thanked a post for gods sake.

Please also note i havent been banned from soccer before, perhaps a warning may be merited but a ban in over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think this is ridiculously harsh.
    Actually it isn't.

It is exactly what we outlines would happen in the charter.

You agreed to abide by the charter when you signed up for soccer so you got exactly what we told you you would get when you broke the rules.
    I am not asking for an explanation as i already have one, but a review of this banning. I simply thanked a post for gods sake.

Why did you thank he post? You thanked an abusive post, which is, as far as we are concerned abuse in itself. We wrote a rule effectively saying "thanking a post in breach of the rules is against the rules".

We then instructed you to read the rules before joining the forum. In fact we made it a requirement for joining.

One of three things seems to have happened.

1. You didn't read the rules - Result = banning

2. You read the rules but forgot about them - unfortunate, but the rules are there to be followed, result = banning.

3. You read the rules but decided to break them - result = banning.

Please also note i havent been banned from soccer before, perhaps a warning may be merited but a ban in over the top.
    You thanked a disgraceful and disgustingly abusive post. That is in effect abuse.

You got exactly what you deserved.

GuanYin wrote: »
    You thanked a disgraceful and disgustingly abusive post. That is in effect abuse.

You got exactly what you deserved.

You think a 7 day ban for thanking a post is fair!

Your attitude is exactly why i am asking for it to be reviewed. I have never seen this enforced before but perhaps it more down to your allegances thatn what is actually fair.

Can this be reviewed by anyone who isnt a soccer mod, the majority of whom seem to have their heads up their asses.

You think a 7 day ban for thanking a post is fair!
    Yes, if the post you thanked is abusive.
    Your attitude is exactly why i am asking for it to be reviewed. I have never seen this enforced before but perhaps it more down to your allegances thatn what is actually fair.
    I don't support any premier league team.

Can this be reviewed by anyone who isnt a soccer mod, the majority of whom seem to have their heads up their asses.

I suggest you read the charter before posting in soccer again.

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    I suggest you read the charter before posting in soccer again.

I am already familiar with the charter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

In all fairness Killme00, when you thank a post like that, it's because you agree with the content.

The content of that particular comment was rude and abusive.

Ok, i'll just forget about it

thanks

I feel i have to bump this. The original infaction said i was banned for one week, that week has long been up and i cannot access soccer, wtf not?

I'll check

• Advertisement

Ok, when Dub13 banned you, it looks like he left one of the fields blank which, for some reason, causes the ban length to be over-ridden to a perm ban.

I reset it and you should now have access. Welcome back and sorry about the delay, we expected itto lift automatically.

tHANKS

Advertisement