Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zeroing in acog

Options
  • 11-01-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Hello there,have been trying to zero in my scope for a while now but i cant do it.I place a target about 15 feet away shoot at it and try adjust the dials so the crosshairs line up with what I'm shooting but it doesnt work.Any help?

This is the one - http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=6098

Its got two dials to adjust,up and down but then theirs one that just unscrews and there's a spring and little piece of brass coloured metal.Any idea what that does??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

post up a pic of the dials and il help ya, i think its the same as mine and i had no problem zeroing, probably since im a real steel owner and do it all the time lol...but either way, take off the caps snap 2 pics and post...il try help now though...

1)do you have it on a stable platform..
    2)is it windy
    3)zeroing for 15 feet is madness unless youre playing indoors, outdoors zero for 30-50 feet should do..
    4)have you got youre hop up adjusted properly before you zero
    5)are you trying to zero with one eye open or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

G3-Nut wrote: »
    post up a pic of the dials and il help ya, i think its the same as mine and i had no problem zeroing, probably since im a real steel owner and do it all the time lol...but either way, take off the caps snap 2 pics and post...il try help now though...

1)do you have it on a stable platform..
    2)is it windy
    3)zeroing for 15 feet is madness unless youre playing indoors, outdoors zero for 30-50 feet should do..
    4)have you got youre hop up adjusted properly before you zero
    5)are you trying to zero with one eye open or two?

Yea it's stable and it's not windy,it's probably because I'm shooting at a target that's too close to me.Didn't know that,thanks and I'm using one eye.Will try post pics up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Yea it's stable and it's not windy,it's probably because I'm shooting at a target that's too close to me.Didn't know that,thanks and I'm using one eye.Will try post pics up.

yep after you adjust where you want youre hop up, then set the sights....remember youre not trying to get the BBs to go where the crosshairs are, youre trying to set the crosshairs to set to the point just before the BB drops...unless its windy, then dont adjust them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

G3-Nut wrote: »
    yep after you adjust where you want youre hop up, then set the sights....remember youre not trying to get the BBs to go where the crosshairs are, youre trying to set the crosshairs to set to the point just before the BB drops...unless its windy, then dont adjust them lol

Will do,thanks

Advertisement