Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question: can we buy from Expansys.co.uk?

• 11-01-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a quick question... and probably already know the answer but just to make sure.

We can order from Expansys.com, right (i.e we're not forced to use the .ie domain)? Because was pricing a phone (SE P9i) for a friend of mine. It worked out at €346 from the .ie domain, and €270 delivered from the .com domain.

Quite a difference.. but just wanted to make sure before I advised that there's no problem in ordering from the .com domain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never mind... ordered from them there and used a voucher from the Bargain Alerts forum to get a further £10 off.

Worked out at €258 delivered for a sim-free SE P9i - sounds like a good price to me considering PhonesOnline are selling it for €367 (excluding shipping etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't know why but I just assumed before it was similiar to play.com forcing euro on your and komplett forcing you to use the ie ... nice to keep in mind next time I'm getting a phone! :)

So did I Random..

I'm always apprehensive when there is seperate domains... but they accepted payment for it and gave Ireland as a country so they'd need to authorise any additional charges first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

I'm happy I found this thread, I was just about to buy an omnia on the .ie domain, so I decided to check out the .com one, and it works out 50 quid cheaper to buy it in sterling! :D

TheElf wrote: »
    I'm happy I found this thread, I was just about to buy an omnia on the .ie domain, so I decided to check out the .com one, and it works out 50 quid cheaper to buy it in sterling! :D
    Whoa whoa whoa TheElf..

Before you order, use this as well: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57058853&postcount=1

It does work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mr.Time

Sound as a pound, basquille, I was just about tho post the same question and thanks for the link to the voucher. I think I'll be ordering from the .com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

basquille wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa TheElf..

Before you order, use this as well: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57058853&postcount=1

It does work!

Cheers! another 10 quid off the price! :P

Advertisement