Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me find a house!!!

• 11-01-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello lads Im moving down to Waterford in 4 weeks and I have to find a house cos im going to FAS. Would anyone tell me where is fas is it near the college?

Remember the cheaper the better and close to FAS as I don't drive, only a bicycle:pac: I am young so house partys will be a yes every weekend so if its an area with younger people, not familys. I wouldn't even mind ballybeg if its near fas. please help, cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Plug wrote: »
    Hello lads Im moving down to Waterford in 4 weeks and I have to find a house cos im going to FAS. Would anyone tell me where is fas is it near the college?

Remember the cheaper the better and close to FAS as I don't drive, only a bicycle:pac: I am young so house partys will be a yes every weekend so if its an area with younger people, not familys. I wouldn't even mind ballybeg if its near fas. please help, cheers!

Templers hall so. Its full of students, FAS is located on the industrial estate, which is located at the rear of WIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Templers hall so. Its full of students, FAS is located on the industrial estate, which is located at the rear of WIT.
    lovely stuff, I'll have a look into that, would it be cheap? Is this place near fas yeah? cheers, keep em' comin!!!:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Keep the students in the one area, go to templiers hall :pac:

So I take it that its near FAS. I was looking at a map and noticed its near a halting site. Woo hoo!:D
    Templers hall it is then. Is it safe to park a bike outside?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So I take it that its near FAS. I was looking at a map and noticed its near a halting site. Woo hoo!:D
    Templers hall it is then. Is it safe to park a bike outside?

Templers Hall is possibly one of the worst estates to live in at the moment, unless you like living in a noisy environment. It consists of a mostly student resident which are known (in this estate in particular) to go mad on partys, make a mess and a load of noise. As you said, it is right beside the travellers. Some of the travellers in Waterford are getting shots taken at them, animals being injured etc. I'm sure you read the threads here or heard it in the news.

The non-student residents are giving out mad to the Guards and to the college. They have been known to record students acting up and have protested outside on of the college events apparently. Only recently petrol bombs were thrown at a house in the estate. Saying that, other people living in the Estate will say its fine and they have had no trouble and its only really a problem towards the back. Iv been there plenty of times and never seen much of the trouble but I assume its much later in the night. Iv never heard of cars being robbed, broken into or whatever. But clearly, the estate has its problems possibly more so then others. So take that into consideration.

If the above bothers you, there are other estates and private houses you can rent not that much further away which wouldn't be as bad. One example is Lismore Park.

• Advertisement

Great, house partys thats just fine for me. I'll be there only 5 months anyway so it should be fine. cheers sully!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great, house partys thats just fine for me. I'll be there only 5 months anyway so it should be fine. cheers sully!

Probably the best estate for it so :D All you need now is to find house mates :P Often notices around the college bathrooms if you want to hitch with college students over waiting to find FAS students!

Just through the bike on a chain at the back or side of the house. Doubt anyone will go to the bother of trying to rob it :p

Sully wrote: »
    Probably the best estate for it so :D All you need now is to find house mates :P Often notices around the college bathrooms if you want to hitch with college students over waiting to find FAS students!

Just through the bike on a chain at the back or side of the house. Doubt anyone will go to the bother of trying to rob it :p
    I hope its not the type of a place where travellers let the horses eat the grass in your front garden:D Is lismore park far from Fas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »

Just remember to chain the wheels of the bike to the frame as well :)

I hope its not the type of a place where travellers let the horses eat the grass in your front garden:D Is lismore park far from Fas?

5min walk or there abouts, FAS is at the back of lismore park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

you're moving down in four weeks for five months and want somewhere to session all weekend? not going to happen chief, unless you know someone in a rented house who'll put you up. most of the houses near fas/w.i.t. for rent are taken from september through till may or june. a lot of the fas students tend to say in digs and go home for the weekends. if you want a place where its parties all weekend you'd probably be better off not mentioning that you'll only be there for 5 months. look into private rented accomodation, but even at that you'll probably end up sharing with folks who might not want house parties thursday till sunday. might not be the answer you're lookin for but thats what you're lookin at

longshanks wrote: »
    you're moving down in four weeks for five months and want somewhere to session all weekend? not going to happen chief, unless you know someone in a rented house who'll put you up. most of the houses near fas/w.i.t. for rent are taken from september through till may or june. a lot of the fas students tend to say in digs and go home for the weekends. if you want a place where its parties all weekend you'd probably be better off not mentioning that you'll only be there for 5 months. look into private rented accomodation, but even at that you'll probably end up sharing with folks who might not want house parties thursday till sunday. might not be the answer you're lookin for but thats what you're lookin at
    I was having a look already, theres a few places available still. I probably won't bother going home the weekends anyway. Most people who are renting down there are students so they'll more than likely go home on the weekends.
    I have a number here Im going to ring and see.

Advertisement